Sign in to follow this  

Can i use kx 250 plastics on my kdx 220r

Hi i have a kdx 220r and i am slowly trying to make it into a trail/mx bike as we all know the kdx does great on the the trail but doesnt have the necessities as a mx bike but right now i am focusing on the "look" and i need new graphics and i was wondering if i could use kx 250 plastics on the kdx any help on it would be great plus i would appreciate any tips on converting this into a mx-able bike. Thanks

The bike is a 2001 kdx 220r

Hi i have a kdx 220r and i am slowly trying to make it into a trail/mx bike as we all know the kdx does great on the the trail but doesnt have the necessities as a mx bike but right now i am focusing on the "look" and i need new graphics and i was wondering if i could use kx 250 plastics on the kdx any help on it would be great plus i would appreciate any tips on converting this into a mx-able bike. Thanks

The bike is a 2001 kdx 220r

The KX plastics do not fit. There is an MX fender for the KDX, I think made by polisport, might be maeir. Makes the KDX look much more like an MX bike. Other fenders can be made to fit, as well as a front # plate.

The other thing that you need is a set of MX forks, like KX forks and a 19" rear wheel, but I'm sure the wheel isn't as necessary as the forks are.

The KX plastics do not fit. There is an MX fender for the KDX, I think made by polisport, might be maeir. Makes the KDX look much more like an MX bike. Other fenders can be made to fit, as well as a front # plate.

The other thing that you need is a set of MX forks, like KX forks and a 19" rear wheel, but I'm sure the wheel isn't as necessary as the forks are.

The best forks to use are KX500 forks, they bolt right on. KLX250/300 forks also fit, but they suck worse than the KDX forks. Anything else takes a lot of work and parts to make fit.

The best forks to use are KX500 forks, they bolt right on. KLX250/300 forks also fit, but they suck worse than the KDX forks. Anything else takes a lot of work and parts to make fit.

My klx300 forks are much nicer than stock kdx forks i replaced.  Less flex and overhang with the klx forks.  Definatly worth the swap.

My klx300 forks are much nicer than stock kdx forks i replaced. Less flex and overhang with the klx forks. Definatly worth the swap.

The KX500 forks are fully adjustable. The KLX forks are not.