Sign in to follow this  

Crf450 2009 loss of power?

bike has fresh trans and engine oil both this morning the correct levels. Gave it a Good warm up. bike got all the way to temp before i took it out on the track. After about 40 or 60 running minutes I would be pullin out hard of the corner in second or third gear sometimes and it would go way up in the rmp like normal on my way out of the turn and just before it reaches the limiter it bogs down for a brief moment and then it regains its power.

It happens a few times a practice

And its shocking to me because i know i take care of it good. about torque specs oil levels and regular maintenance and all that so I know its in premium working order. This one I'm not sure of though

Fuel pump

If they get damaged/worn out, it can take a long time running before the pump pressure can drop

The '09 had a crappy pump anyway

how do I go about changing the fuel filter. And or clean it out to ensure theres no sand or anything in there?

I mean Fuel pump

look on the bottom of the tank for a circle of 8mm hex bolts. Remove them.

the whole pump with the filter attached come out.

You really should have an O ring kit handy if you plan  to remove it, its not advisable to reuse the O rings.

You cant clean the fuel filter. Some guys say they have but its like trying to clean an oil filter. yeah its possible but would you really want to?

• Like 1

HI,

I travel about 24000km on the road and have no problem with the engine except I have break about three slide, Ouch :)

that video was perfect

was this the problem? ive been having the same problem with my bike and I switched complete tanks and it did not solve the problem