Sign in to follow this  

yz250f vs yz426

im16 5,11 150lbs I was wondering what bike would be worth it and more fun a yz426 or yz250f im only 16 but ive been riding since I was six is the 426 to much power for me ? I can sit flat footed on a yz250f please help give ur opinon, braaaap.

im16 5,11 150lbs I was wondering what bike would be worth it and more fun a yz426 or yz250f im only 16 but ive been riding since I was six is the 426 to much power for me ? I can sit flat footed on a yz250f please help give ur opinon, braaaap.

What bike are you coming off of, do you ride mx, woods, etc. and what year yz250f and what year 426?

The 426 feels a lot more top heavy. Especially threw the tighter trails. It's a lot more finicky to start to. Even harder when your on a incline or at a weird angle. It would do better at hill climbs and mud than the 250. And it has more than enough get up and go.

The 250f of course is easier to manipulate around and you'd probably have more fun on it overall. But get ready for a lot more maintenance to keep it reliable.

Seat height I believe the 250f is taller.

03 yz250f and 02y426 I will be riding trails and gravel pits just with my friends

I'd go with the 250, they're lighter, handle better and the older yz-f's that are in good shape are tough as nails

That 426 is a dinosaur. I wouldn't buy anything that old unless I knew for sure what kind of shape the motor was in otherwise it will end up eventually costing you the value of the bike and then some to get it running again and at 16, I doubt you can afford repairing a bike that honestly, isn't worth repairing in the first place. If you want an MX bike you're in 2 stroke territory by the sounds of your budget like it or not so you can either get a nice 2 stroke that will be cheap to run and maintain and fix or a clapped out 15 year old 4 stroke time bomb. Your pick.