Sign in to follow this  

'06-'08 Engine in 2009 Frame?

Has anyone ever such a conversion? What fabrication was involved?

Or is it impossible altogether?

I have an '09 rolling chassis and am a huge fan of the older carbureted engine. Fast and reliable, not so much with the later designs.

Has anyone ever such a conversion? What fabrication was involved?

Or is it impossible altogether?

I have an '09 rolling chassis and am a huge fan of the older carbureted engine. Fast and reliable, not so much with the later designs.

It would be a lot less trouble to get more power from a 09-12 motor and drop it in the 09 frame than to try and fab mounts to get the older motor to fit.

What are your reliability issues with the FI motors? I know of none.

nesc103y didn't you know the older the motor the better,everybody in the know are going back to xrs or cr500, all stock of course with black plastic.

• Like 1

haha I think people get set in their ways.

Reminds me of when I tried to talk a vet rider friend of mine into NoToil filter oil and cleaner, From  his Maxima shit. He's got pales of toxic flameable waste hanging around his shop.

I just toss 10 filters in the washer and head out to do something productive while he's burning brain cells.   

Dunno why'd you'd make that choice. The 08 chassis is a better bike than the 09. Honda went backwards for a couple years. If I were looking for a new to me bike, it'd be an 08 or a 2012.