Sign in to follow this  

79 xr80 question!

Hi I have a 1979 Honda xr80 as my first bike! It runs great and shifts good, I'm missing a side plastic and number plate, I'm also missing the front brake but also has strong back brake. Anyways I was wondering about 2 things. Is it rare? And how much do you think it is worth? Thank you very much! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399854131.582514.jpg

Maier makes side panel & fender replacements and they are available on eBay and other retailers.  RE-MX is a great resource for vintage XR75 parts and they carry number plates and fenders - http://www.re-mx.com. When you refer to the front brake it could be the cable, brake panel, shoes, or?  The front brake parts, other than cable and shoes, is going to have to come from eBay probably - I see them on the site frequently.  As far as the value, even though these are great little bikes unfortunately not many people desire them and there were a lot of them made so the prices are pretty low, at least in my area.  The modified bikes seem to be worth more than stock if they have high quality upgrades (suspension & engine) and run well.  With the 80cc engine the parts availability is very good,  Good Luck!

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks a little beat up. It's not rare by any stretch. Enjoy it for what it is, Honda made thousands of them all over the world in both street legal and off road versions.As it sits its worth a few hundred.