300rr or race edition

So I got the ok to pull the trigger on a NEW bike now I just have a few questions. First is the race edition noticeably that much better? Is it more common to purchase the race edition over the standard 300rr? More importantly would I regret not purchasing race edition? Second topic 14 or 15? A dealer near me currently has a 14 standard 300rr last week they told me it was priced at $7500. Is that the going rate? I know it's not msrp just wondering if that's average. Should I expect the 15s to be a bit more? Anyhow just looking for some insight and would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

So I got the ok to pull the trigger on a NEW bike now I just have a few questions. First is the race edition noticeably that much better? Is it more common to purchase the race edition over the standard 300rr? More importantly would I regret not purchasing race edition? Second topic 14 or 15? A dealer near me currently has a 14 standard 300rr last week they told me it was priced at $7500. Is that the going rate? I know it's not msrp just wondering if that's average. Should I expect the 15s to be a bit more? Anyhow just looking for some insight and would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

well, judging by the other threads here.... if you pause just

a little bit, someone else from two states away will buy it.

if they haven't already.

you can't byob them. sold out. dealers don't have them.

there is a thread on here for people to post any they find

for sale, anywhere.

plan accordingly.

• Like 1

Buy it before it's gone.. guys are looking for 300's either standard or the race edition. None or few are available in the country and  the 15's are a way off to get. There are different schools of thought and of course it depends on your riding terrain. For the more tight riding some have recommended the sachs fork that comes on the non race version. ..but from what I can tell the sachs front end is great for anything. For the more gncc faster type the red marzocchis are the more expensive and supposedly better set up for some faster stuff.. but either one is great from what I've heard. I like the sachs on mine. I'm not especiall feeling like I've missed out by not having the marzocchis after riding the sachs on my bike.. It's excellent just the way it is stock.  $7500 is super cheap to me.. it's way under msrp and guys can't get any more bikes from the factory. To me that's a steal. ..The bikes are in demand where I live and it seems it's the same in other parts of the country. You are the lucky one that just happened on one and for cheap.  Good luck!! Buy it before it's gone ..or get that other deal that's for sale on the american beta site and in the beta's for sale thread.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

The 15's will be out, sometime in September........ That price is excellent, buy now, or dream about what you could have bought between now and September. Oh yeah in September the price will most assuredly be much more.

Sure the Race edition is very cool, and if ya have the extra $$$$ then source one out!

• Like 1

Currently I'm planning between now and fall to purchase. I have two bikes at the moment (08 yz450f and 00 kdx 220r) and would like to sell one first so I'm not in a huge rush. Also with a little more research the dealer is charging a $500 freight fee which puts it right at msrp. What's up with that fee? I'm just looking to soak up as much factual information as possible first. I would hate to rush into a regretful decision such as 14 or 15, race ed or standard? Thanks again

My friend was close to buying that bike new only a few weeks ago, so I'm sure it's quite fresh. He basically broke it in, that's it. Steve is a very honest person and has a unique business with night hours! Say your working on your bike after dinner and realize you need a part. Call/email Steve and its on the way as soon as possible in the AM.

Hi Guys!!!! 

We are Beta dealership and what makes the 300rr better bike beside the suspension is the Factory work on the engine... as many of our costumers preffer buying the regular rr because the marzocchi red suspension is too stiff and they end up doing some work on it any ways.

The 300 RR in the other hand is my favorite bike, the 250 is a missile, that engine is too powerful in my opinion the 300 is easier to use at the end so don't think because the 300 is a bigger engine is harder.

Both 2014 are sold out, we are placing an order so we can have bikes in august so if anyone is intersted on a 2015 the first batch of bikes will arrive in august, like every year with beta bikes will be sold out by then.

Contact us for more information....

The new 2015 RR is an  

• Like 2

Hi Guys!!!! 

We are Beta dealership and what makes the 300rr better bike beside the suspension is the Factory work on the engine... as many of our costumers preffer buying the regular rr because the marzocchi red suspension is too stiff and they end up doing some work on it any ways.

The 300 RR in the other hand is my favorite bike, the 250 is a missile, that engine is too powerful in my opinion the 300 is easier to use at the end so don't think because the 300 is a bigger engine is harder.

Both 2014 are sold out, we are placing an order so we can have bikes in august so if anyone is intersted on a 2015 the first batch of bikes will arrive in august, like every year with beta bikes will be sold out by then.

Contact us for more information....

The new 2015 RR is an  

I've heard the marzocchi's are stiff too...and been recommended to get the sachs instead... It just all depends on how you ride and what you ride.. They look beautiful and cool but the sachs is working very well. I've not ridden them back to back. to compare..

• Like 1

I've heard the marzocchi's are stiff too...and been recommended to get the sachs instead... It just all depends on how you ride and what you ride.. They look beautiful and cool but the sachs is working very well. I've not ridden them back to back. to compare..

they look like another $1,700 on the build sheet.

when discussing this on my build, i asked about the upgrade, and was told by frank

pilg that for normal riding, the zokes are gonna be pretty harsh. 

sorta falls into the category that if i have to ask which one would be more appropriate

for my riding skill and intended usage, i don't need 'em, and won't like 'em as much

as what comes standard.

and after a while in the saddle, if i become convinced that my life is unacceptable unless

i spend some more money on this, there is no shortage of folks to revalve and re fiddle

with the sachs.

• Like 2

Marzocchi 48s are not too stiff, and I'm a technical rock trail rider as well as a HS racer, the fork can do it all.  Sure you may want to tweak stuff like any fork but they are entirely ridable and raceable stock if your in the spring rate range. I actually tweaked mine a bit stiffer but they are not far from stock.  A very versitile fork, no brainer over an OC Sachs if you have the option, IMO.

• Like 3

I test rode a 300RR with Sachs forks that were revalved in the High Desert of California, slick hard pack with sand and whoops thrown in, no tight single track. The bike worked very well, I had no complaints with the forks. I was told that for this terrain a revalve was a must.

I purchased a 300RR Race Edition mainly to get the red forks. From my previous experience with KYB on Yamahas I knew that I preferred the closed chamber forks over the open chamber. With the PFP adjuster I was hoping to avoid a revalve simply because of the adjustibility. So far I only have 6 hours on the bike and have only ridden it on outdoor type motocross tracks and raced a GP at Glen Helen. I started out at the suggested base clicker settings and have not changed anything yet. I set the rear sag at 105mm. The forks are not harsh at all in the conditions I have ridden it so far. In fact I feel this is the plushest suspension I have ridden to date. Nothing but smiles so far and looking forward to playing with the clickers to see how much better it can be. Obviously personal preference comes into play and the type of terrain you are riding in makes all the difference. I am pleased with my choice to get the Race Edition but I don't think you could go wrong either way

Marty

• Like 2

Marzocchi 48s are not too stiff, and I'm a technical rock trail rider as well as a HS racer, the fork can do it all.  Sure you may want to tweak stuff like any fork but they are entirely ridable and raceable stock if your in the spring rate range. I actually tweaked mine a bit stiffer but they are not far from stock.  A very versitile fork, no brainer over an OC Sachs if you have the option, IMO.

+1, the best stock fork I used to date. Well worth the extra $$ (on racing edition not BYOB) over standard model.

• Like 2

Well that's great then.. because the sachs fork on my 13' 300 is great and I've been recommended to get that over the zokes because of the stiffness factor.. The explanation seemed to go that the zokes were more GNCC ish.. whatever that means.. I also rode a stillwell prepared sachs suspension revalved/sprung for someone 280 lbs.. I just rode some trails on it and it was plush and worked well. It rode higher of course compared to my stock 13' 300 sachs suspension. It was awesome ...(I'm 225lbs) ...not ridiculously much better than my stock but a little better.  I'm thinking of getting springs for my weight later but I could just ride stock and it would be great. The stock suspension is great. So if the marzocchi's are better then that's awesome.  I guess if everyone is happy with whatever they have then that's perfect.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1