Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Side Panels (Black)

Can someone recommend a manufacturer that makes black rear side panels for the CRF230F?  I came across the brand Maier on eBay, but based on the photo, there is an extra hole in the panel.  The seller says they will fit an '07 CRF230F, but I don't want there to be an extra hole.  The listing also mentions the possibility of drilling being required.  I'm looking for a direct replacement.  I suppose I could just paint mine black, but I want them to look professional.  What other brands are out there?

I saw the UFOs too. I think they show two holes as well. What's up with that?

A # plate background will cover up any excess holes. Or place White #'s over the hole in question will work also.

I'm not overly concerned with the hole itself, I'm wondering why there is a hole to begin with if the OEM panel doesn't have one there.  Is there a protrusion on the backside for pressing into the fender like the OEM panels or does the extra hole require a screw/bolt?

Edited by mossman77

I don't see how either the hole put having to drill your own holes are a big deal. Neither of which seem relevant, it's a 230f, not a fan mercedes

Edited by zotis777

It's not a big deal.  I'm just wondering why the hell they would make it like that if the OEM panels are not that way.  That's all I'm asking.  I thought I made that pretty clear.

Deinabolic, you said you have them on your bike.  Did you have to add a screw/bolt for that extra hole or is there a protrusion on the back that snaps in place like the OEM panel?

Edited by mossman77

Cool thanks. I just back Maier and the lady said they made a hole there because they vacuum mold their panels and can't make tabs. Whatever, they'll look good regardless. Was just curious.

UFO panels came in the mail yesterday.  Virtually identical to OE panels--no second hole.  Sweet.

My bill for consulting services is in the mail. Post up some pics of the ride once blacked out.

• Like 1

My bill for consultingicon1.png services is in the mail.

:thumbsup:

Post up some pics of the ride once blacked out.

Will do.  I'll be putting them on tonight or tomorrow night.  Gonna look sweet. :ride: