Sign in to follow this  

6.0 rear shock replacement

I replaced the stock rear spring with a 6.0 race tech. The clickers were all adjusted one click down from original settings. After a ride through the most potholed streets and freeways nearby, I can attest to the fact that you must replace the spring if you weigh more than 220. The handling through corners really felt like a different ride. Why did I not do this sooner?

I agree, now when I get a new street or track bike suspension is one of the fort things I do.

Night and day on my track bikes.

I ordered front and rear springs and gold valves all around for mine. I'm 240 and now just waiting for a spring back order to come in before they ship them. Hope it's soon, the stock setup is way too mushy for me

Edited by madchild

same! i just need to do the sag. how many mm did you set your sag? mine still bottoms out on my exhaust

this is my baby step into suspension setup. the spring sat on a shelf for months. i do a lot of research before going into the unknown, and the amount of info and opinions on this was a little overwhelming, i,e, valves, springs, weight, sag, etc.. the best thing about learning how to upgrade the shock was the opportunity to clean and lube the linkage. i now feel confident about going into more detail to get my bike into the sweet spot.  

this is my baby step into suspension setup. the spring sat on a shelf for months. i do a lot of research before going into the unknown, and the amount of info and opinions on this was a little overwhelming, i,e, valves, springs, weight, sag, etc.. the best thing about learning how to upgrade the shock was the opportunity to clean and lube the linkage. i now feel confident about going into more detail to get my bike into the sweet spot.  

i cant see the pic you posted for some reason. yeah it was overwhelming. what was your sag on your rear spring.

Edited by fuentes52

same! i just need to do the sag. how many mm did you set your sag? mine still bottoms out on my exhaust

i have yet to setup my rear as far as the clickers go. Kind of a pain by yourself!