Sign in to follow this  

Chain tension

Hey i got a rm 250 and im wondering if anybody knows how tight the chai should be. Right now i got about 2 inches play in the middle and it seems like a lot? Any help would be great

I usually run 3 fingers behind the chain slide. I saw someone else to it in a thread elsewhere and always did it that way for a few years now. Before I eye balled it.

• Like 1

Here open pic, and follow instructions.

That looks like a KTM manual. KTM's require much more slack in the chain than other makes because of their lack of linkage.
  • Like 1

Here open pic, and follow instructions.

In all the chain tension threads I've seen you are the first person I've seen post an actual spec and I thank you for that...:)

That looks like a KTM manual. KTM's require much more slack in the chain than other makes because of their lack of linkage.

My KTM has linkage.

• Like 1

Your chain needs to be loose enough to move a little when your countershaft - swing arm pivot - and rear axle are in line. That is the longest distance between your countershaft and rear axle.

Get a friend to come and compress your bike to line the three points when you adjust it.

• Like 1