Sign in to follow this  

Washington Walker Valley - Easier Trails?

Hi all, I have a 8 and 10 year old that have been riding for a couple of years. They ride a CRF50 and TTR110 if that matters.

What trails at Walker would you guys recommend for the smaller bikes and beginning riders?

We went up last weekend and got into a couple of trails that were over their head, they muscled through them, but didn't have the greatest time (only one I know is the lower half of Kurt's Conundrum).

Thanks!

Haven't been there in years, but the jam trail is easy. Ride in front in case a quad rider or otherwise idiot bike rider comes hauling along too fast. You'll absorb the hit better than a kiddo if worse comes to worst.

My son learned to ride at Walker when he was 9 on a TTR90. He turns 16 on june15 and just took 10th out of 16 in the expert class at the Kilted Duck...not to brag or anything. We've never been to Tahuya, but I hear the Head-on's are a bit more traumatic there

My son learned to ride at Walker when he was 9 on a TTR90. He turns 16 on june15 and just took 10th out of 16 in the expert class at the Kilted Duck...not to brag or anything. We've never been to Tahuya, but I hear the Head-on's are a bit more traumatic there

Only for the silly riders that stick to the quad trails :busted:

Joe

Hi all, I have a 8 and 10 year old that have been riding for a couple of years. They ride a CRF50 and TTR110 if that matters.

What trails at Walker would you guys recommend for the smaller bikes and beginning riders?

We went up last weekend and got into a couple of trails that were over their head, they muscled through them, but didn't have the greatest time (only one I know is the lower half of Kurt's Conundrum).

Thanks!

The new trails at Reiter are great for kids to learn on. Hardly any traffic and easy trails. By the time you explore them all, the kids will be ready to head down to get a shake at Zeke's. My 8 year old really had a good time on them. There is not enough there to entertain most but they work well for beginners. They are only open on weekends.

I would not take my son to Walker yet.

I have a 24 year old that has been on a bike twice and is just now showing interest, so this is a timely topic.

Personally, having ridden most areas around here, I would not take a beginner to Tahuya unless you are just going to stick to the gravel pit.

Too many kids on quads that seem to be in training as future Seattle commuters.

There are plenty of fire roads and a few open trails at Walker. 

• Like 1

I have a 24 year old that has been on a bike twice and is just now showing interest, so this is a timely topic.

Personally, having ridden most areas around here, I would not take a beginner to Tahuya unless you are just going to stick to the gravel pit.

Too many kids on quads that seem to be in training as future Seattle commuters.

There are plenty of fire roads and a few open trails at Walker. 

point is there is a ton of single track at tahuya and most all of it is pretty easy.  walker has a few single track trails that are easy but most would be considered intermediate or more difficult. the fire roads at walker are by no means safe in my opinion, hang out on the road down on the south end and count how many guys in sxs's rock crawlers and quads come ripping wayy to fast down the road.  just stay off all the wide stuff as much as possible. tahuya has many more options for easy ST that's safe and fun for beginners. JMHO.

• Like 2

My son learned to ride at Walker when he was 9 on a TTR90. He turns 16 on june15 and just took 10th out of 16 in the expert class at the Kilted Duck...not to brag or anything.

Ummmmm....I'm pretty sure that's bragging..... LOL

• Like 1

Ummmmm....I'm pretty sure that's bragging..... LOL

Graham has never been an 'average' kid :)

• Like 1

Downhill is easier than uphill.

Sometime but sometimes not so much.

Downhill just makes it harder to chicken out and turn back :devil:

• Like 1

I don't feel anything at WV is easy. He'll I have fallen on Jam trail a few times lol.

Is there a lower class of rider than C? LoL.

• Like 2

Who the heck is Ben, and why does he want Revenge. It wasn't easy. For a fat ole guy

• Like 1

Who the heck is Ben, and why does he want Revenge. It wasn't easy. For a fat ole guy

Ben is a good guy he just wants a lot of revenge. The fact that revenge is in the name tells you it will not be easy. Martys mania also says the same thing, not easy ! You should probably also avoid satans cornholio.

Edited by rancher1
  • Like 1

Ben is a good guy he just wants a lot of revenge. The fact that revenge is in the name tells you it will not be easy. Martys mania also says the same thing, not easy ! You should probably also avoid satans cornholio.

Going down Current Pass today puckered my cornholio. Can't believe I went up that thing the first time I was on a dirtbike. My friends still laugh about it.

Ben is a good guy he just wants a lot of revenge. The fact that revenge is in the name tells you it will not be easy. Martys mania also says the same thing, not easy ! You should probably also avoid satans cornholio.

Funny thing is that Devils Cornhole started out as "Kens Lucky #7" and progressed in a downward spiral. Also, a person should probly think twice before casually dropping-in on any trails w/ the "12pak" designation. On the bright side, it hasn't rained in a couple days so get out there and explore.

• Like 1

Funny thing is that Devils Cornhole started out as "Kens Lucky #7" and progressed in a downward spiral. Also, a person should probly think twice before casually dropping-in on any trails w/ the "12pak" designation. On the bright side, it hasn't rained in a couple days so get out there and explore.

Kens Lucky #7 really didn't fit the trail and could lead some people into thinking there was an easy good time ahead. Just imagine a new rider exploring and heading into that trail for some fun.

Mike named it, I'm pretty sure he was trying to avert any liability away from himself.

Kurt penned the "Cornholio" name after our pre-ride, I think it's a very appropriate title.