Sign in to follow this  

2006 CR125 blowing smoke/oil

My CR125 if blowing huge amounts of smoke/oil out the pipe, I have rejetted and it runs better but oil is still spraying out and it is still smoking like crazy. I figure it may be the wet seal or right side seal (same thing?) that needs replacing. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what parts I need. I assume there is no "kit" for this and I need to order the parts individually so I dont want to over look any when ordering.

No, I have tried to lean it out and have rejetted with the JD jet kit and it still has the same problem. I am pretty sure it is the wet seal, just not 100% sure on all the parts I need.

You'll just need the seal, unless the collar that sits inside it is grooved, then you need that too. That's it.

Will you have to split the cases?

Will you have to split the cases?

No. There could be some moisture/condensation in the pipe but I am willing to bet that the jetting is off. Once my jetting was perfect, no more spooge. At all. Check your float height, make sure your airscrew/needle clip are where they need to be as well as the jets and it should fix itself.

The only other thing I can think of is your right side crank seal is sucking oil which.. quite literally sucks. Easy fix though. When you go to change your oil does a lot less come out then you put in? If this is the case, another symptom is how the exhaust smells. Burning that trans fluid... Ugh it's a nasty smell. 

Edited by Blaze45
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure it's my right side crank seal. I have ordered the parts. My jetting is 90% set I just need to fine tune it. I am waiting to do that intill after the seal is replaced as I think it will change my results.

• Like 1