Sign in to follow this  

water in intake

How are you guys doing. So I have a 2009 crf250r I was power washing it today after riding and normally after I wash it I start it up for a minute but I guess when I was washing it I got the air filter wet so I started it up and it ran fine but when I went to take out my air filter to clean it it was soaked and now when I push down on the kick start with my hand I can hear it suck in some water but it still starts and runs fine. Is this something I should worry about or will it be fine? Thanks in advanced for any help

Check the oil hasn't got water in it. Water in the oil will destroy it real quick.

Hi thats the fastest way to ruin your top end ie valves the water will carry the dirt out of the filter and it ends up all over your valves lots of people do this and do not realise how damaging this is please do yourself a favor but a filter cover,remove filter before you wash your bike covers are cheap valve jobs cost good money.

Whats done is done now run it and keep a eye on your valve clearance's they may be starting to close up cheak them now adjust them if need be then have a look at them in 10hours time and you will know if they are moving.