Round 7 NHHA Caliente, NV & VCMC this weekend

Round 7 NHHA is this Saturday

Some of the terrain they'll run us through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe2ZUTD38IE

And the second annual VCMC Rawhide Enduro is Sunday in Anza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NvW7_q9CA

Who's in for either one or both??

I'm heading out to NV Friday Morning camping out there Friday night then coming home after the race Saturday.  My master plan is to do VCMC on Sunday as well but IDK if I'll be able to pull it off.  Anyone going?  What's everybody's plan??

• Like 3

You're an animal Andrew! I'll be at Anza for the weekend. Gonna get there Friday. Seriously considering running the GP on Sat and already entered the qualifier. We'll be in a hauler rv . Gimme a call when you're on you're way. I'll keep an eye out for you. Good luck at Caliente and be safe. :D

That looks to be much different terrain to last years National.  I don't recall ANY singletrack at the race last year, just super fast sand wash to 2 track roads.  The thunderstorm as the banner dropped made the race interesting last year.  

The area does offer some bitchin' ST, it just wasn't in the race course.  

That was panaca. Caliente is a whole different deal I guess

Started in Panaca and ended in Caliente. Point to point. 2013.  The BLM is different on the race terrain out there it seems.  

I personally thought it was the race to MISS last year.  Even the second round of the Utah national had better terrain.  The first round of utah in 2013 i thought was the best race of the year, I did 9 of 10 last year. Actual singletrack  on steep side hill slopes....with wildflowers in bloom....hard to beat.  

Edited by Bschu
  • Like 2

Started in Panaca and ended in Caliente. Point to point. 2013.  The BLM is different on the race terrain out there it seems.  

I personally thought it was the race to MISS last year.  Even the second round of the Utah national had better terrain.  The first round of utah in 2013 i thought was the best race of the year, I did 9 of 10 last year. Actual singletrack  on steep side hill slopes....with wildflowers in bloom....hard to beat.  

Did you do Utah this year?

Hey Andrew, This is GlennLyles, Harry's Pops.

You will not be disapointed at all in the Caliente race. The SSTB have put together some great loops on the side of town I'm very familiar with. I go to Caliente 2-3 times every year and always find new stuff and never tire of the Caliente, Panaca, Pioche areas.

I'm actually putting together 4 day, 400-500 mile ride out of Caliente next October. One of the loops will head east to Enterprise Utah for overnite then back to Caliente next day. The other loops will start and finish in Caliente. Plated bikes only.

Harry and I are heading to Anza Sun morning, should be a great qualifier. I don't think Harry is doing the Panaca National in August be we are doing the National Enduro August 10 in the mountains outside Grand Junction Colorado.

• Like 1

Welp, some bad luck came screaming my way.  On the way back home last night I had a wheel bearing blow out.  Had to get my truck (with bikes in it) flat bedded to a mechanic...$100.  Just spoke with said mechanic and it destroyed my hub as well so now everything is gonna cost me $866 and it won't be ready till 4...maybe.  So I decided it wasn't going to be worth $180 bucks in gas and all that stuff.  Sooooo...I'm gonna lick my wounds and do Anza instead!!  Kinda bummed I'm not going to do Caliente but Anza is a great consolation prize!!