polisport plastics?

I put a Polisport front fender on my son's cr-125.  It was a bit of a pain to install because the bolt holes didn't exactly align.  So a little drilling was required to get a proper fit.  But the plastic is surprisingly thick and seems to be VERY rugged and tough

P4270758_zps70f8b022.jpg

P5020915_zpscc5574a6.jpg

P5020903_zps8209a679.jpg

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

I put a Polisport front fender on my son's cr-125.  It was a bit of a pain to install because the bolt holes didn't exactly align.  So a little drilling was required to get a proper fit.  But the plastic is surprisingly thick and seems to be VERY rugged and tough

P5020903_zps8209a679.jpg

Hey Fattonz....... what kind of headlight is that on your Cr125?  And how did you hook it up and wire it?

I think it looks pretty darn cool.

Hey Fattonz....... what kind of headlight is that on your Cr125?  And how did you hook it up and wire it?

I think it looks pretty darn cool.

Thanks for the compliments. 

The light is just a cheapo that I bought on ebay...

My son and I restored this bike together, and just recently finished it.  He outgrew his kx-80 over the winter and needed a bigger bike.

Here is the link for the full 9 page rebuild thread.  If you go to page 6 and scroll down there is a very detailed pictorial explanation on how I installed and wired the lights ?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1078156-spring-rebuild-pictorial/#entry11499727

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

I had a Polisport front fender and shrouds on my YZ250, front fender faded after what I would consider minimal sun exposure, and the shrouds earned white stress points after a couple months (I am very careful not to overtighten my plastics, so it wasn't from this). I've replaced the entire kit with a UFO restyle and they seem much more durable, and closer to OEM color as well. They're still pretty new so time will tell on the fading/stress mark issue, but from what I can tell they seem to be holding up much better. If you can get your hands on UFO plastics (whether restyle or not) for a reasonable price (ie not TOO much more than the Polisport), then I'd say go for it. 

That said, I definitely understand what a limited budget is, and I'm not going to be "that guy" who tells you "if you can't afford such and such, you shouldn't be riding"  ?

• Like 1

That said, I definitely understand what a limited budget is, and I'm not going to be "that guy" who tells you "if you can't afford such and such, you shouldn't be riding" ?

Well said.

I think most of us have been there before.

Nothing wrong with a porkchop sandwich!

Better than spam.

Edited by ridngslikecrack