Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake with fastway pegs.

I have a 2013 450r im 6'3" so i put fastway pegs in the low boy postion but now it the rear break feels like its to far away. Has anyone had this problem? If so what did you do?

I don't have fastways but my pegs are probably moved about the same or further. And at first I was going to move the tip of the brake pedal back. I never got around to it and now I'm used to it. Just give it a try for a few rides. You can move the tip back tho.

When I first got my pegs I thought this would be a issue as well then I actually got used to them as well as got used to standing up and it's not a issue at all. I wouldn't say you have to reach for it but you know where it's at... Just stop being lazy, stand up and ride!

That been my problem standing i have missed it when i try to hit it in the air or before a turn. I didnt know if most just learned to live with it or if it was worth money to get one that adjusts.

I had to cut the threads on the rear master to get the brake height low enough,(LEVEL WITH FOOT PEG). Should be better for you I'm guessing you are size 11-13 boots.The fastways in the low setting move the peg back like others have said any change you need to adjust. If your pedals in the same spot its high making you miss.

I had to cut the threads on the rear master to get the brake height low enough,(LEVEL WITH FOOT PEG). Should be better for you I'm guessing you are size 11-13 boots.The fastways in the low setting move the peg back like others have said any change you need to adjust. If your pedals in the same spot its high making you miss.

I have a older year BUT on mine my shifter is too long now if anything and that's why I made the comment about being lazy. I said the lazy part because after I put the pegs on all the sudden Im confortable standing up and moving around the bike.. The lever should have more than enough play in it to adjust it down. On another note if anybody knows of a shorter brake lever feel free to share!

I'm lovin the larger platform to stand on. Crazy the difference these things have made on my riding style and technique!

That been my problem standing i have missed it when i try to hit it in the air or before a turn. I didnt know if most just learned to live with it or if it was worth money to get one that adjusts.

The stock one is adjustable with a grinder, the correct size drill, a drill motor or drill press, the correct size grade 8 bolt (preferrably a pan head allen to help prevent case damage in the event of a crash) and a nut.

If your bike was a couple of years older, the Hammerhead Rotating Brake Tip  for the OEM pedal would probably solve your problems.  

Not sure if it can be modified to fit newer bikes though, but might be worth looking into.

TT will not let me link to their page so you'll have to look it up yourself