Sign in to follow this  

KTM200 vs KTM250XCF-w

Hi guys, im new to the forum, from the sunny side in Africa.

I live in South Africa and Im sure we have some of the best riding terrain in the WORLD.

I am a fatty, 90KG think its more then 200lbs and I currently ride a 200, ive had a hand full of thumpers and 300's but the 200 is just so light and nimble.  I have never owned a 4T enduro bike and Im considering a KTM250 XCF-w.

200 vs 250, any comments??

Hi guys, im new to the forum, from the sunny side in Africa.

I live in South Africa and Im sure we have some of the best riding terrain in the WORLD.

I am a fatty, 90KG think its more then 200lbs and I currently ride a 200, ive had a hand full of thumpers and 300's but the 200 is just so light and nimble.  I have never owned a 4T enduro bike and Im considering a KTM250 XCF-w.

200 vs 250, any comments??

Personally I would take the 200 any day over the 250 4T.   Given your weight if you go 4T consider a 450....or maybe a 300 2T.  The 300 is plenty light with LOADS of power.   Actually that new 350 4T looks like a nice package too....

What are YOUR reasons for considering the 250 4T?

FYI....90kg is 198lbs

• Like 1

Ive had plenty 300's and Ive tested the 350 but it felt much heavier then a 300 but the power of the 350 is awesome.

Reason for going 4T it has much more torque and the 200 gets boring if you not spending the entire day in the rocks, so for longer outrides the 200 is boring!

Am I the only one that does not really see a great correlation between rider weight / bike size / riding speed?

My bet is that the are plenty of 200lb plus riders on 200s that are faster that 170lb riders on 450's.

In the woods, I'm faster on a 200 than I am on a 450, because HP is not the limiting factor, it's reaction time and turning.

By the time you take rider/bike/fuel/gear there's less than a 7% difference in gross weight between a 170lb rider and a 200lb rider.

OK, maybe if you're 300lb, riding a 150, at 10,000 ft.

I agree, I love big thumpers but the small ones make so much more sense for technical riding!

This year I plan on doing the "Mother of hard enduro's" (anybody around here know which race I am refffering to?)

Next year I am buying the biggest baddest FI thumper and I am just gonna chill at the back of the pack!

You guys are right. Last summer I was a hefty 210lbs (175lbs now) and my son's kx-125 would haul ass with me on it...like I was nothing...

I guess I'm just a big fan of having power on tap.....

I can ride smoother/faster longer on a 4stk than I can on my revvy 250 2stk. Age has made a difference for me. Torque does much more for me than quick HP. But the 2stk is much more fun so I ride it while the 4stk sits.

I am looking at KTM and Husaberg, the new Husq's are just out of reach for now.

How has the 2nd hand Husaberg prices been affected after they stopped production?  For me here in SA you can now get an almost new Berg for a very good price but then 12 months down the line you will most likely battle to sell it.

I really don't understand why Husabergs will lose value. They are nothing more than KTMs like the Huskys.

I really don't understand why Husabergs will lose value. They are nothing more than KTMs like the Huskys.

Probably because, the Husaberg would appeal to a MUCH smaller demographic. Let's face it, the average rider has likely heard of KTM, but likely has never heard of Husaberg. So I think it's just a supply and demand thing....

This year I planicon1.png on doing the "Mother of hard enduro's" (anybody around here know which race I am refffering to?)   Roof of Africa

I ride a CRF250X and really like the torque and suspension compared to my old '10 ktm 200 xcw. It turns better than the xcw,tighter turn radius.

Pit man indeed it is the Roof of Africa, its a hectic race, those 250X's are so underrated, Ive had the opportunity to ride one for 2 consecutive days and man I had so much fun. Certainly not the fastest bike around but so easy to ride and it handles really good!