How do you properly cold-start a two stroke?

I just got my first two stroke last year which is a 2007 rm125 and I've heard and seen a couple different ways to properly cold-start your two stroke. I just wanted to hear your guys thoughts and ideas, thanks for your posts  ?

I just got my first two stroke last year which is a 2007 rm125 and I've heard and seen a couple different ways to properly cold-start your two stroke. I just wanted to hear your guys thoughts and ideas, thanks for your posts  ?

Lol.

Choke and kick.

Shut off choke immediately after it starts.

• Like 2

I hold the throttle wide open, kick start it, and keep the throttled pinned for about 60 seconds so that everyone is aware I am there to ride and I mean business.  It also helps my oil get warmed up quicker so I can start ripping up the track faster to show the ladies I'm the man.

• Like 17

I hold the throttle wide open, kick start it, and keep the throttled pinned for about 60 seconds so that everyone is aware I am there to ride and I mean business.  It also helps my oil get warmed up quicker so I can start ripping up the track faster to show the ladies I'm the man.

The sad thing is, people actually do this

• Like 7

If you have a big bore with a compression release, turn on fuel, pull choke, lean the bike until some fuel comes out of the overflow tubes. Now pull compression release and kick thru a few times letting fuel get into everything. Let off the compression release, kick to top dead Centre. Now kick through and it should fire right up in a few kicks.

Choke on, kick, I usually will play with the choke up and down quickly a touch while It's running (depending how cold It is) then let it idle and start blipping the throttle lightly. I usually wait until I can feel some warmth in my pipe and rads until I start to get on it a bit more.

+1 on this advice. lightly blipping the throttle helps keep it from loading up with the choke on and helps warm up quicker.

feel the top of the radiator for warmth then decide if it's warm enough to take off.

First I put on my crooked flat bill, I then chug a monster and crush it against my head because hey that's all its good for, I then admire my metal mulisha graphics and my number plates with 3 different numbers (420,666,69) just to freak my buds out, I then start it, pin it wide open for 60 seconds, and go terrorize the local children in the neighborhood while I pop sweet wheelies trough the neighborhood.

• Like 3