Sign in to follow this  

KTM 2015 SXF spec, EU

Can someone please translate to English? I am super curious what that actually says!!!

and I hope US model has black wheels and orange frame b/c that bike look soooooo good!

- Lighter weight linkage system
- Orange frame

- Better progression in dampening
- Longer dampening rod on shock
- Altered front-end offset (smaller axel) 
- Axel diameter altered from 26mm - 22mm
- Better fork protection
- Updated steering shaft tube
- Black Excel wheels
- Dunlop MX52's
- New plastics/graphic design
- Updates in motor

And here she is! The 2015 250SXF US Edition:

ktm2015-750x750.jpg

KTM2015B.jpg

Edited by tye1138

- Lighter weight linkage system

- Orange frame

- Better progression in dampening

- Longer dampening rod on shock

- Altered front-end offset (smaller axel) 

- Triple clamp offset changed from 22mm - 26mm

- Better fork protection

- Updated steering shaft tube

- Black Excel wheels

- Dunlop MX52's

- New plastics/graphic design

- Updates in motor

And here she is! The 2015 250SXF US Edition:

Tye,

The 6th item on the list is the smaller diameter axle like on the 2014.5 FE. German to English translation for "dünnere vorderachse (22 statt 26mm) besseres fahrstabilität" is "thinner front axle (22 instead of 26mm) better driving stability".

You may want to change that on the other thread. :-)

Edited by Kevin Reynolds

Kev do u got an fe on order yet? Iol , im just jealous, your garage of toys is insane!!!!

I wanna see the 2016 450FE that Dungey said he's supposed to be testing. May just have to get one! :-)

It sounds like the 2016 machines may be radically different from the current 2011 - 2015 family of machines. My guess is that the future 2016 machines will have an all new frame design and a new plastics design that isn't compatible with the current. You may be seeing a Champions Edition or other special editions later on in late 2014/ early 2015 to make room for the new. The way they did with the 2008 - 2010 bikes. Edited by motonack

IM holding off until that model comes out. I love ktms, but jeez, seems like every 3 months a new 450sxf is coming out lol.but im getting the 16 fe for sure

Tye,

The 6th item on the list is the smaller diameter axle like on the 2014.5 FE. German to English translation for "dünnere vorderachse (22 statt 26mm) besseres fahrstabilität" is "thinner front axle (22 instead of 26mm) better driving stability".

hahaha....another data point!

https://translate.google.com/#de/en/d%C3%BCnnere%20vorderachse%20(22%20statt%2026mm)%20besseres%20fahrstabilit%C3%A4t

If it makes it to the US, the orange frame will be an interesting play.   From a marketing perspective, it seems like the right play...the majority seem to love/want the orange frame, and it could serve to move market share.  On the other hand, I feel like it will be a slap in face to previous FE purchasers. While there is nothing other than time an money keeping non FE bikes from having their frames p-coated, the orange frame makes it easy to ID the FE bikes from far away.  It could also serve to help deplete inventory and make room for new bikes in the event of a totally redesigned chassis as mentioned above.  What would the new chassis be made of if orange powdercoat wasn't an option any longer? 

Most interestingly it does open the door for a radically different 2015 or 2016 FE (speaking from an aesthetics standpoint).  To set those bikes apart aesthetically from a 2015 that is spec'd with an orange frame, you would have to expect that the next FE will have a different color frame and/or plastics....

Of course, I am just spinning my wheels here and thinking out loud, so don't take this to vegas and put it all on black, hahaha...

Tye,

Shit, how did I get that messed up! I was thinking too hard! HAHAHA

thanks

If it makes it to the US, the orange frame will be an interesting play.   From a marketing perspective, it seems like the right play...the majority seem to love/want the orange frame, and it could serve to move market share.  On the other hand, I feel like it will be a slap in face to previous FE purchasers. While there is nothing other than time an money keeping non FE bikes from having their frames p-coated, the orange frame makes it easy to ID the FE bikes from far away.  It could also serve to help deplete inventory and make room for new bikes in the event of a totally redesigned chassis as mentioned above.  What would the new chassis be made of if orange powdercoat wasn't an option any longer? 

Most interestingly it does open the door for a radically different 2015 or 2016 FE (speaking from an aesthetics standpoint).  To set those bikes apart aesthetically from a 2015 that is spec'd with an orange frame, you would have to expect that the next FE will have a different color frame and/or plastics....

Of course, I am just spinning my wheels here and thinking out loud, so don't take this to vegas and put it all on black, hahaha...

The people that drop the cash for Factory Editions get the next model year bike 6 months earlier than anyone else. I don't see why they would have any legitimate reason to whine.

The people that drop the cash for Factory Editions get the next model year bike 6 months earlier than anyone else. I don't see why they would have any legitimate reason to whine.

Incorrect.  My title says 2014 and it will depreciate as a 2014, not a 2015.  And nothing was given to anyone that purchased one of those bikes...people paid a premium for that bike's uniqueness.  Any "special edition" item is sold under the auspices that it is unique.  Therefore, there are certain characteristics of that item that the buyer has a reasonable expectation to be protected.  That is further solidified by the previous two FE models not sharing their aesthetic uniqueness with the standard consumer models and the fact that they are numbered...mine is #144.  At the end of day if I pay extra because you tell me an item is unique, then you devalue it by making it not unique, then you have lied to me an stolen my money.  

Lest we digress..."whining" isn't what I was doing.  I was exploring what the [yet to be validated] move to bring orange frames to the US could signal in terms of the 2016 bikes in general and a 2015 FE bike in specific.  Carry on.