Sign in to follow this  

Rear Brake Master Cyl. Reservoir bladder

Silly question,

I've got a 2010 450 Champions Edition with the bling bling orange brake reservoir cap on the master's.  I was swapping out the fluid this weekend and noticed the rear bladder on the cap is different than others I've seen (or remember).

In stead of the, what I consider normal "folding" type bladder that unfold to expand, my rear one is a long cylinder shaped, kind of like a cross or X as you look at it from the end.  It doesn't appear to fold up.

Whats the trick with this?  I just filled the master about half way up, then inserted the cap w/bladder and let the excess spill onto a rag.  So the master is full.  Not the ideal way to do it but that's where I'm at now.

I should have taken a picture, but my hands were oily and didn't.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated.  I tried googling for an image of it but came up empty.

Ok, I've never seen that before and felt like it was taking a lot of valuable fluid space.  I'll adjust the fluid level tonight!

Thanks.

Ok, I've never seen that before and felt like it was taking a lot of valuable fluid space.  I'll adjust the fluid level tonight!

Thanks.

Could it be, that diaphragm was so swollen that it needed to be forced back to reservoir?

Does anyone know what cause these diaphragms to swell, because my both reservoir diaphragms had this same problem?

rear_diaphragm.jpg

Edited by kuufin

In my case, mine wasn't swollen (fit in the master cyl fine) it just seems to take up a fair amount of space.  Not like a normal bladder that folds up into itself.  thanks for the picture though.  That is indeed what mine looks like