Sign in to follow this  

Rs2 jet settings?

Just want to be sure. Yoshi rs2, 3x3, JD jet kit.

155 mj

25 PJ with stock fuel screw

Blue needle 4th clip.

Without knowing your location / elevation, hard to say.

Ok. So i got the exhaust on tonight, the bike already runs better than it did before.. it used to stall if i snapped the throttle quick after idling, no longer does that. Is it possible that a rejet isnt needed? Will it hurt anything to ride the way it is now?

Ah yes, my bad. I'm about 1100-1200 feet. Somtimes up in the hills above 3000.

Jet for where most of your riding will be. It seems that you spend most of your time below 3,000ft, so jet according to my first post http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1085381-rs2-jet-settings/?p=11597006

Ok. So i got the exhaust on tonight, the bike already runs better than it did before.. it used to stall if i snapped the throttle quick after idling, no longer does that. Is it possible that a rejet isnt needed? Will it hurt anything to ride the way it is now?

The DRZ is set up lean from the factory to comply with strict EPA regulations. When you put on a full exhaust system you lean out the mixture even more, so I would not ride it without re-jetting. Also how the bike responds to throttle while free revving is not an indication of proper or improper jetting, it needs to be under load.

also, i did not cut the 3x3 hole yet. Is there supposed to be a cover on the airbox? mine is open on the side by the battery..

There should be a side cover for the air box, that attaches using 3 Dzus fasteners. The air box will however be open on that side when you remove that panel.

For the 3x3 hole, you will need to remove the small snorkel that is on the top of the air box (remove the seat) and then enlarge that hole to 3 inches by 3 inches.

24916c90-b6c5-4564-b9ec-562283a8f9e4.jpg

Edited by Wisconsinite762
  • Like 1

I have the same set up as the OP except for 160 mj and clip 3, per JD instructions. Curious if I should try clip 4. For those that have tried both clips, what's your opinion. Is there more power with clip 4?

I have the same set up as the OP except for 160 mj and clip 3, per JD instructions. Curious if I should try clip 4. For those that have tried both clips, what's your opinion. Is there more power with clip 4?

Generally if you are having issues with bogging or hesitation at about 1/4-3/4 throttle then that would be the needle clip that needs adjusting. Worst case is give it a try and see how she runs.
  • Like 1

For open pipe use Blue needle, clip 4

• Like 2

For open pipe use Blue needle, clip 4

Ok thanks. So with an rs2 with the insert ( or mrd pro comp in my case) you would suggest clip 3?