Sign in to follow this  

2015 KTM 250 SXF

Its eurospec.  MXA thinks the US spec likely will not come with the orange frame.  Those are the 4CS forks...pinch bolts are horizontal instead of vertical, has the smaller axle, and has the same fork guards as my 2014 FE bike, which are not compatible with the old forks.  black wheels and black spokes is a nice touch...

- Lighter weight linkage system

- Orange frame

- Better progression in dampening

- Longer dampening rod on shock

- Altered front-end offset (smaller axel) 

- Axel diameter altered from 26mm - 22mm

- Better fork protection

- Updated steering shaft tube

- Black Excel wheels

- Dunlop MX52's

- New plastics/graphic design

- Updates in motor

And here she is! The 2015 250SXF US Edition. The Euro editions always come with Pirelli's, so this spec sheet I converted from German to English, says Dunlop MX52's, proving this is the US model. 

ktm2015-750x750.jpg

KTM2015B.jpg

Edited by tye1138

And here she is! The 2015 250SXF US Edition. The Euro editions always come with Pirelli's, so this spec sheet I converted from German to English, says Dunlop MX52's, proving this is the US model. 

"This technical bulletin is for European models and, since Euro models and American models differ quite a bit, you can’t take this for the gospel (if you read German). The list of changes are the same as on the Factory Edition III—new offset at the fork dropout lug, smaller front axle, smaller steerer tube, new fork guards,  longer shock with longer linkage and new bellcrank from the Factory Edition III, black Excel rims, Dunlop MX52 tires, new forks (although the Euro bikes and American bike's will not have the same forks and the orange frame."

http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxa-rumors-gossip-oh-the-humanity-of-it

I will let you argue with them.

Its eurospec. MXA thinks the US spec likely will not come with the orange frame. Those are the 4CS forks...pinch bolts are horizontal instead of vertical, has the smaller axle, and has the same fork guards as my 2014 FE bike, which are not compatible with the old forks. black wheels and black spokes is a nice touch...

Thank you for correcting my mistakes. Should be an incredible bike!

Do you think the merika bike will get the 4CS forks?

The black handle bars look sharp too

Edited by smv ryder

Thats a US bike above... the Euro bikes don't come with Dunlop MX51's OR the shortened shock. 

Yes, I read German, its very easy to translate. 

Thats a US bike above... the Euro bikes don't come with Dunlop MX51's OR the shortened shock. 

Yes, I read German, its very easy to translate. 

I am glad that you find it easy to read German.  I can plug it to Google translate just as easy, but that doesnt mean either of us have it on good source that we are looking at a US bike.  None of the european models will come with MX51s...they are being discontinued, and I doubt you can measure that shock with your eyes...

What does this dealer sticker translate to?

https://www.facebook.com/ktmsalzburg/photos/a.609141122471572.1073741832.143057122413310/733605676691782/?type=1

Edited by tdc_worm
  • Like 1

I am glad that you find it easy to read German.  I can plug it to Google translate just as easy, but that doesnt mean either of us have it on good source that we are looking at a US bike.  None of the european models will come with MX51s...they are being discontinued, and I doubt you can measure that shock with your eyes...

First off, the european bikes don't have the lowered rear shock, thats a US model thing only.

Second off, KTM and Dunlop have a deal for the US market ONLY. Every other market outside of the US, the bikes come with Pirelli MX32's, which are KTM/Pirelli development tire for racing. Thats what they use in every other country for racing outside of the US.

So again... the bike above is very clearly a machine destine for the US market. If it weren't, they'd not be talking about lowering the rear nor would they be mentioning the Dunlop MX52's, which by the way, are only available for the US market at this point.

When will these become available to purchase in the US?

KTM does press releases June/July and the bikes start showing up in the US around September/October

First off, the european bikes don't have the lowered rear shock, thats a US model thing only.

Second off, KTM and Dunlop have a deal for the US market ONLY. Every other market outside of the US, the bikes come with Pirelli MX32's, which are KTM/Pirelli development tire for racing. Thats what they use in every other country for racing outside of the US.

So again... the bike above is very clearly a machine destine for the US market. If it weren't, they'd not be talking about lowering the rear nor would they be mentioning the Dunlop MX52's, which by the way, are only available for the US market at this point.

Dunlop MX52s are sold world wide now

And bikes are available in dealers at the start of June

That bike has already been sold in Europe by the dealer as i read it. So it should be a Europe model.

There will be no difference between US and Eur this year unless in shock and fork valving, possibly SAG recommendations will differ also of course since they will run the 490mm shock on the 450 in US. It might be that they settle for 1.25mm longer linkage in Europe instead of 2.5. That would give to some extent similar difference as last year.

I am not saying you are right or wrong, but you are providing no evidence to support your argument other than past data.  Here is a bit of current evidence to refute your Dunlop argument, which calls in to question all of your arguments:

http://www.intercontact.no/files/MX32%20&%20MX52%20Press%20Release.pdf

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/mx-off-road/competition-tyres

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunlop-Geomax-MX52-100-90-19-rear-motocross-tyre-intermediate-hard-terrain-/141244124752?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20e2ce4e50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunlop-Geomax-MX-52-MX-Motocross-Tyre-Sold-Each-For-MediumTo-Hard-Terrain-/141261478910?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&var=&hash=item20e3d71bfe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunlop-Geomax-MX-52-Tyre-Sold-Each-110-90-19-Rear-MX-Motocross-/301158828455?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item461e7709a7

Here is a hard data point showing a European bike in Salzburg, Austria undoubtedly running tires with "block in block" technology.  To my knowledge the only tire with that technology that is in production is a Dunlop tire.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/spy-photos-first-look-at-the-2015-ktms

Edited by tdc_worm

Interesting, Dunlop went a lot faster on that distribution then they planned. Few weeks ago, the 32/52 wasn't available, now it is! 

But that little tidbit is nothing important because the Euro bikes always have a different setup then the US bikes. KTM maybe changing that for the 15' model year, but only time will tell. 

In terms of release, they generally don't hit state side until end of summer. 

I have had the MX52s + MX32 front since 7 weeks ago, mid march i got them :)

some 2015 models ar now available  at the dealers over here in the netherlands .

Edited by speedboot