Sign in to follow this  

Funny dirtbike stories to tell

Hi I'd love to hear some funny stories of you riding around and what you have seen over the years of riding dirtbikes! Go ahead!

My first time on a mx track I dident realy no what to expect, so I was just driving around as normal and hit a jump (so I thought) it turned out to be a set of 3 doubles, so basically landed on 3rd hump of the doubles and went over the handle bars :banghead: broke my gear lever clutch lever and bent my bars and bruised my right lung

• Like 2

I know a guy that rides a harley and got on another friends CR 85. Powerband came in right before he hit the jump and flew off.

• Like 3

My first time on a mx track I dident realy no what to expect, so I was just driving around as normal and hit a jump (so I thought) it turned out to be a set of 3 doubles, so basically landed on 3rd hump of the doubles and went over the handle bars :banghead: broke my gear lever clutch lever and bent my bars and bruised my right lung

. Jesus dude!

Tyndall AFB, 1977 - I was there for a short time.  Me and this other guy were riding in the dirt along the very edge of the flight line - side closest to Mexico City Beach.  There was a big drainage ditch where we had to ride up on the pavement for maybe 20 feet to clear.  You could follow the tree line to the back side of the base and there was some decent riding back there.

Coming back I'm ahead of this guy.  I look over my left shoulder to see where he is and I swear to God I watched him ride right into that ditch.  Thing must've been 20 ft across and about shoulder deep with water.

To this day I've never laughed to hard.

IIRC the guy's name was Bill Halsey.  Seem to remember he loved WD40.  Gotta wonder if he's reading this.

• Like 2

Hahaha nice

I haven't really be riding for that long, so my only funny story is when I hit a squirrel going max on a dirt road with my crf150, lol

• Like 1

You forgot to mention your bruised ego too.

• Like 1

I rode a PW50 into a fence when I was 5 and broke my jaw in three places.

Embarrassing when I think back to it, but I think the experience made me want to ride dirtbikes more.

:ride:

When I was newer to dirt bikes, I went to a moto park and had a couple of goes around mx track that no-one else was using. Me and my mate were cruising around for about 5 minutes till we realised we were going the wrong way around. Doh! :facepalm: That explained why the landing ramps were so steep. Ha ha.

• Like 5

So I was riding with my friend yesterday and he hadn't ridden his bike much. Well he was in front and the first stream we came to he went through the deep part, and when got across his bike sped up and he went into the bushes and was launched into a tree.  A little later he let out the clutch to quickly, popped a wheelie, and shot in the bushes.  

I have a buddy with a crf450 up here in alaska that is known to do some pretty crazy things. This one time we were heading down the copper river on the sand flats and there is a tributary that gets a little backed up when the river is high. Its probably 25ft wide and 8ft deep with sand flats on either side. Its easy enough to just ride up it 1/4 mile and go through the shallow part but my buddy decides he needs to water-cross it this time he hits it hard in third gear, makes it about halfway across and the front wheel starts to sink, he executes a pretty good frontflip off of the bike and some how both him and the  bike make it just to the edge of the creek. we continue on our ride to the sand dunes. 

As if he hadn't learned a thing from the experience an hour ago he decides that he needs to try it again because he "didn't hit it with enough throttle" the last time. This time according to him he hit it "4th gear taped".  On this attempt he took a longer run up and had the thing pinned so hard the front wheel came up about 10 feet before the water. So he is going about 50mph doing a wheelie when he hits the water, makes it about 3/4 of the way sinking in as he goes still front wheel way in the air, bike on the rev limiter. Then the rear wheel catches traction on the beginning of the bank on the other side and the bike bounces in to the air and shoots out from under him while he is still holding the bars. so when he lands he is  sliding on the silt mud in a siting position still holding the bars with the bike kicked out to the side basically on his lap, He made it a good 30 feet until he finally let the bike go  (it was finally stopped by a log). I asked him why he held on to it for so long and he told me he thought he was going to be able to ride out of it.

• Like 4

Nothing much besides getting hit by a bird and sliding around this tree and missing a road runner by just a couple inches, kinda scared me at first I didn't know what it was just something darting right in front of my tire but my cousin has go pro of him chasing a rabbit and hitting a little jump and landing on it

• Like 1

Nothing much besides getting hit by a bird and sliding around this tree and missing a road runner by just a couple inches, kinda scared me at first I didn't know what it was just something darting right in front of my tire but my cousin has go pro of him chasing a rabbit and hitting a little jump and landing on it

Are we voting? This one gets mine :thumbsup:

I managed a head on collision with a buddy many many years ago.............  I was on an XR200 and he was riding an RM80.  I stayed upright somehow and he got spun around and head planted.  One of those things I wish was on video and glad was not..........

Ride on!!!

Got pulled over doing 79 in a 65.

Cop let me go with a warning, saying "I didn't think a dirt bike could go that fast". :lol:

It's part of the reason I don't ride a "fast-looking" bike.  I think running knobbies makes you look 10m/h slower.  :smirk:

• Like 2

I already told this in some other thread... Well I chased a doe around this private track for about two laps. No joke. For some reason it would not go back into the brush. It was a pretty cool experience. 

• Like 2

The only one that find stupid that I've done was back when I first started getting into riding 2 wheels instead of 4.... Well I was racing a buddy around his yard and up and down his drive way on his 125s. Well his driveway is pretty long and has a pond on the side of it. So we decided to open the bikes up... 5th gear wide open down the drive way we go side by side.. Well we got near the section of drive way where it's a drop off into the pond and I was on that side of the road. Well his bike kicked out next to me and spooked me a bit ..... My hard wired reaction was to grab a handful of front brake... Well the bike dug in and up on one wheel it went... And to the right and in the pond I went with the bike-_- ended up spending a good part of the afternoon getting the water out-_- I learned my lesson that day

First time on a motcross track I was at Durhamtown in Georgia and I was a complete newbie and was not reading the signs and I entered the track through the exit. The whole time i was thinking how steep the landings were!! I had no clue. Turns out that certain track was closed and a bunch of people were laughing at me the whole time 

• Like 1

Out riding under some power lines and there was a rabid raccoon. My friend grabs this huge branch and smashes it. Then my other friend proceeds to roost the dead coon like 20 feet air 5 times in a row with his 250 2t. It was too funny.

This next one is kinda bad. We were riding at these trails camping in the middle of the woods. We rode a half mile to a bathroom. My coon roosting friend goes in there first and comes out. I go in and there's a dump on the floor, and they all lock me in and say " we aren't letting you out until you **** on the floor" I will not tell the rest of this story.

Same trip they insisted on not riding til they had drank 6 beers each.