Sign in to follow this  

Removing power valve

Trying to remove the power valve on my 2002 cr125 to clean them... Problem is, I'm not sure how to get them out. The manual shows it like you just simply pull the valve shaft out... Well in my case, it's not working that easy. How do I get it out? What does everyone do?

It should be the screw on the right side, then detach the actuating seem and pull the rod out and the flaps go out the exhaust. Post pics and ill try and be more specific

It should be the screw on the right side, then detach the actuating seem and pull the rod out and the flaps go out the exhaust. Post pics and ill try and be more specific

Is it the screw on the side with the sticker?

Yes and take the bike off the shaft on the right

What do you mean take the bike off the shaft?

What do you mean take the bike off the shaft?

Bolt, sorry autocorrect haha, take the screw and bolt off and the shaft comes off then the flaps fall out

Bolt, sorry autocorrect haha, take the screw and bolt off and the shaft comes off then the flaps fall out

That screw isn't connected to anything, I just checked. However, is that bolt or anything connected to the cylinder and be the reason it won't come off?

That screw isn't connected to anything, I just checked. However, is that bolt or anything connected to the cylinder and be the reason it won't come off?

I just took the bolt off, nothing has changed

No, the bolt should just come off

Just used a screw driver and popped off the part where the arm connects to the shaft so now I just have the end of the shaft there.

Only thing there is the snap ring and end of the shaft. My manual show the whole assembly coming out in one piece, I just don't know how to pull it out. It's stuck in there pretty good

Edited by Emkjr93

Well it's stuck there pretty good. I have no idea how I'm gonna pull it out but what is this spring supposed to hook on to? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399941453.748286.jpg

That's how it was when I took it off

Edited by Emkjr93

Oh ok, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to connect to some other part or not. Seems strange they would put a spring in that doesn't connect to anything or do anything?

Got it figured out! Here's how it's supposed to be and would explain why I have no low end power

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399942417.645261.jpg

If you can't pull the shaft out once the shaft nut has been removed then the power valves will have a bit to much carbon build up on them, it may take some force to pull the shaft from the cylinder, just work it back and forth and it will eventually come free, that's what happens on my 03 cr250.

If you can't pull the shaft out once the shaft nut has been removed then the power valves will have a bit to much carbon build up on them, it may take some force to pull the shaft from the cylinder, just work it back and forth and it will eventually come free, that's what happens on my 03 cr250.

I just had my dad come look at it too, he said not to pull it apart since I don't have any replacement bushings or seals, so I just sprayed the powervalve with choke and carb cleaner and scraped the big chunks of carbon off