Sign in to follow this  

01 Rm250 Starts then Dies

Alright let me tell you my story. I just rebuilt my bike and have about 2 warmup runs on it (2-3 minutes each). Problem is thats all i can get. After the idle the bike just dies and i try and try but cannot get it to re start until it is cooled down. Now I'm trying to figure out what the issue is and don't want to dump too much dough into it as i'm getting rid of it at the end of this season (mainly woods riding). Last year is seemed like it was running rich (oil at the end of the pipe and yes the crank seal was replaced.) and I know it should be leaned out. current jets are pilot-48 and main-160 and ride in iowa with temps around 70-80 at an elevation of 870 ft if that helps you jetting wizards. but currently cannot get it to run longer than about three minutes. it also seems to idle high when the choke is on (a duh moment but seems higher than usual). With the rebuild a full carb clean did "go down." so could it just be the jetting or maybe the reeds are bad. I'm not sure. let me know what you guys think. And if i did anything wrong in posting in the forums i'm sorry still finding my ground here. IF i need to post videos of it i can but will take me a few days. i edited the pilot jet as it was actually 48 not 45

Edited by ccubsfan94

Try replacing the reeds. Even if its not jetted it still runs

i was thinking i'd have to go that route to try and get anywhere. also while im on rmatvmc do you have any idea what jets i should grab. i don't want to buy a whole kit but know i'll probably have to get a few. it was running rich last year and i think i may have used too much assembly lube (2 stroke oil). so it may be a bit of a smoker for the next couple of runs if it will. but it had some spooge last season and i run 40:1, when the manual says 32:1 so im running a little dry too. 

Lift the back wheel remove the plug while still connected to the plag cap hold it against the frame and spin the wheel if the spark dies or stops after a few sparks you need a cdi unit