Sign in to follow this  

New clutch

Had a little incident involving a bent handguard, stuck clutch lever, and now a clutch that won't fully disengage. I'm leaning toward the Hinson kit both plates and springs. Barnett offers the same package for about 30-40 bucks less, Tusk frighteningly cheaper. Any input on what I'm going to get the best results from? Is there any benefit to sticking with OEM over the Hinson kit? Figured I would add. I am rough on clutches, not a little guy, mainly tight woods, and harescrambles.

Edited by Kglo

Well I diverted from my own advice, sort of, I put in an aftermarket auto clutch. I must say its pretty friggen cool. I did keep all but two stock fibers in there. The only part that sucks is the clutch feel is horrible, but you really don't need to worry about that as the auto clutch pack does all the work!

Well I diverted from my own advice, sort of, I put in an aftermarket auto clutch. I must say its pretty friggen cool. I did keep all but two stock fibers in there. The only part that sucks is the clutch feel is horrible, but you really don't need to worry about that as the auto clutch pack does all the work!

That's actually what is ultimately happening with this one. I have a OEM clutch back in there now, but picked up some extra work over the weekend and plan on ordering a Recluse once I'm paid.