2001 YZ250 Graphics

I just bought me a YZ 250. Guy i got it from said it was a 2002. I ordered custom Attack graphic from Rocky Mountain and just recieved them today $135. Turns out the bike is a 2001 so nothing fits at all. Im just pissed. Unable to return them. Anybody want an Attack graphic kit with #29 number plates? Its half price fits 2002-2004? yz250. not sure about the 125.

Oh well i guess thats what i get for buying a $700 bike.

HELP SOMEONE CHEER ME UP!

SAM_0042.JPG

Edited by qweasy

that sucks. but it looks like a pretty clean bike for $700. does it need motor work or anything?

The guy i bought it from thought it needed a new crank. He had the top end off and noticed that the rod had a slight amount of side to side play. He didnt want to mess with it so i got it and put it back together and its been running great so far. Crank is fine. the slight side to side play is normal.

Are the radiator shrouds the only thing that doesn't fit?

Perhaps buy new '02 radiator shrouds?

No the airbox, side panels and tank grapics dont fit.

If i change shrouds i have to change fuel tank too...

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out that the only things from the graphic kit rhat i couldnt use were the shroud, tank and airbox graphics. Number plates and rear fender graphics fit amazingly well with just a little trimming! ? i got the FX EVO 10 shroud tank and airbox kit. I'll post pics up tomorrow. Also got the tusk oversize rotor put on along with about $500 worth of other misc. parts.

• Like 1