Sign in to follow this  

California Aaron8 Return to Dual Sport Ride Sunday May 18

First ride since my injury last January. Don't know how long I'll last but I need someone to ride with.

Slow and easy on fire roads around Rowher, Drinkwater and ANF.

Big Bikes and beginners welcome. Nothing difficult unless you want it- more advanced guys can have fun on alternate routes and stuff.

Plated bike mandatory, knobbies recommended but not required. Gas not an issue, need maybe 50 mile range. Bring plenty of water.

We roll at 9am, so plan accordingly. Meet up at -

http://www.starbucks.com/store/13440/us/copper-hill-seco-canyon-santa-cl/27984-seco-canyon-road-seco-plaza-i-santa-clarita"

• Like 3

First ride since my injury last January. Don't know how long I'll last but I need someone to ride with.

Big Bikes and beginners welcome. Nothing difficult unless you want it- more advanced guys can have fun on alternate routes and stuff.

Plated bike mandatory, knobbies recommended but not required. Gas not an issue, need maybe 50 mile range. Bring plenty of water.

Congrats Roger, have fun and be safe!

http://www.starbucks.com/store/13440/us/copper-hill-seco-canyon-santa-cl/27984-seco-canyon-road-seco-plaza-i-santa-clarita"

• Like 1

Do plated bikes ever get hassled? I got a plate to put on my x.

Do plated bikes ever get hassled? I got a plate to put on my x.

We have a pretty aggressive mounted Sheriff posse up here, so it's a possibility. I will say it's pretty rare though.

I'd hate to say, yah, it's cool, and then see the Sheriff waiting for us at staging.

I'm in.

ROGERDOGERHUSKYMAN

Well all right! Cool beans Bill. We need an "alternate route" guy :applause:

Steve-O that's a bad hand you got dealt with the complications and all. I wish you could join us! :cheers:

Joe that goes for you too, ya bum. It's been proven- too much Harley is bad for you. :mellow:

Edited by Aaron8
  • Like 1

Thanks for the motivation Roger . . . I'm hoping to be out there soon . . . really need to buckle down and build muscle back up in my right leg, but it just seems to take so little to set me back where I have to rest it, I'm just not sure I'm getting where I need to be.  Probably need to get back in to see the doc.  Be safe out there Roger.  Probably about time for me to take the 450 in for a new top end, battery, and other odds and ends.  Thinking I'll be better off on the 450 at first as it's more tame than the smoker, has a magic button, and a plate in case I need to duck out.

June 29th is my target . . . 9 months post op and the minimum amount of time the doc told me I needed to give it.  12 months is what he recommends, but I'd like to at least get back in the saddle so hopefully by the 12 month mark I'm starting to get my mojo back.  Hopefully I can find some noobs or other rehab riders that'll ride with me for a while :cry:

• Like 1

Hey Roger, great that you are getting ready to ride again... I might be in for this ride, have had lots of back problems lately so see how it is by the 18th..  Jack

• Like 2

We have a pretty aggressive mounted Sheriff posse up here, so it's a possibility. I will say it's pretty rare though. I bet I could out run them if you guys causally take my truck to a secondary spot!

I'd hate to say, yah, it's cool, and then see the Sheriff waiting for us at staging.

Hey Roger, great that you are getting ready to ride again... I might be in for this ride, have had lots of back problems lately so see how it is by the 18th..  Jack

Sorry to here about your back problems Jack, maybe you need to ride, that will loosen it up :)

• Like 1

I have a little Japanese lady near me that can help.

• Like 1

Thanks for the motivation Roger . . . I'm hoping to be out there soon . . . really need to buckle down and build muscle back up in my right leg, but it just seems to take so little to set me back where I have to rest it, I'm just not sure I'm getting where I need to be.  Probably need to get back in to see the doc.  Be safe out there Roger.  Probably about time for me to take the 450 in for a new top end, battery, and other odds and ends.  Thinking I'll be better off on the 450 at first as it's more tame than the smoker, has a magic button, and a plate in case I need to duck out.

June 29th is my target . . . 9 months post op and the minimum amount of time the doc told me I needed to give it.  12 months is what he recommends, but I'd like to at least get back in the saddle so hopefully by the 12 month mark I'm starting to get my mojo back.  Hopefully I can find some noobs or other rehab riders that'll ride with me for a while :cry:

Hey Joe! Yes get that 450 back up to snuff- I figure a dual-sporting is a great way to gradually get back in riding shape.

Even though I've elected to ride, I know I'm FAR from where I was strength-wise. It's astonishing how fast all your strength goes away, and how f'ing long it takes to get it back! I've set a goal to be back where I was on my bicycle by mid-august, and hopefully I'll be back in full dirtbike shape by January. So don't worry about finding riding partners.

BTW my ortho doesn't know I'm riding this weekend, I'm not sure what he'd think about it. Don't ask don't tell, right?

Edited by Aaron8
  • Like 1

Hey Jack! Last time I saw you was from my hospital bed! I hope you feel better and can make it out on Sunday. I have some leftover Oxy if you need it :D

We have a pretty aggressive mounted Sheriff posse up here, so it's a possibility. I will say it's pretty rare though. I bet I could out run them if you guys causally take my truck to a secondary spot!

You could meet us later at the "kennels" staging area on Coursegold/Del Sur motorway. Know where that is?

holy cow roger.  glad your floppy isn't floppy any more.  good to hear you are ready to do some light riding.  I would join you, but i'm out of town,  soaking up the sun at the beach this weekend.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are gonna be back up and goin' Roger.  I wish I could make it, but it's the little lady's b-day Sunday and we are heading out of town  :wub:

I shall catch ya on the next one.

• Like 1

Sorry to here about your back problems Jack, maybe you need to ride, that will loosen it up :)

I rode last week and tried to take all the easy routes so I didn't work my back but of course ran into hoops and sand..My back did pretty good until I got home and it was so weak it set my rehab back some time..

Hey Jack! Last time I saw you was from my hospital bed! I hope you feel better and can make it out on Sunday. I have some leftover Oxy if you need it :D

Thanks Roger, that sounds good to me.. Jack