Brakes!

What are you guys doing to improve braking on your bikes? I have a 2013, and one of the first things I did was put a Tusk oversized front rotor on and it helped but still feels spongey. The rear brake is fickle, but I have a hard time justifying dropping stupid $$ (IMO) on aftermarket brake pedals. Someone please explain to me the reason for the price of such a mod.

Will steel braided brake lines help? Aftermarket "race" brake pads? Let me hear some ideas...thanks.

My rear was the same way. The front is excellent after a good bleed. My brakes were really spongey when I pulled the bike off the lot, esp the rear which I couldn't lock up no matter how hard I slammed the pedal. I ended up replacing the caliper after trying every method of bleeding known to man and even rebuilding the brand new caliper and I now have very good rear brakes. Aftermarket pads gave me the most feel and stopping power. Of course an oversize front rotor and SS lines will help also.

Hel Performance SS Braided lines. They are built to spec from factory installed lines on your Zuk. I would start there. I did put an oversized rotor and ride eng front brake caliper.📎DSC_0049.JPG📎DSC_0045.JPG📎DSC_0082.JPG📎DSC_0071.JPG

thanks BDubb...but I only see up to 08 on their website....

http://www.helperformance.com/hel-brake-lines-for-suzuki-rmz450-2005-2008.html

The brake lines are the same on all (05-14) RMZ's. Here is a link to where I plan on purchasing mine though. Best prices I could find. Interested to hear where Todd got his from though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEL-Braided-Brake-Lines-For-Suzuki-RMZ450-2009-2013-Standard-Layout-/221401222062?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item338c8a8bae

Edited by BDubb106

The brake lines are the same on all (05-14) RMZ's. Here is a link to where I plan on purchasing mine though. Best prices I could find. Interested to hear where Todd got his from though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEL-Braided-Brake-Lines-For-Suzuki-RMZ450-2009-2013-Standard-Layout-/221401222062?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item338c8a8bae

Nice...I like it...could get fancy with the colors...haha

Todd that bike is sick. Nice job. Which decal works kit is that? I usually don't like their schemes but that one speaks to me.

That is the T11 kit... I was acutally playing around with it before I decided to go with a custom kit from Magik. The price and work quality was hard to beat. Tyler is the man when it comes to design!

That is the T11 kit... I was acutally playing around with it before I decided to go with a custom kit from Magik. The price and work quality was hard to beat. Tyler is the man when it comes to design!

I am so close to doing the magik too haha. I can't decide!

I am so close to doing the magik too haha. I can't decide!

Its worth it man... I've used a lot of graphics and Tyler over at Magik can make you absolutely anything you could possibly think up. They guy is nothing short of amazing and their product is quality. My helmet is being sent in as soon as my new one comes in for something fresh and clean. 

Brian I get my from the original Hel performance from the United Kingdom. We have been sending stock Brake lines over there since 2006 to have the right spec made on them. So far we have sent Kawasaki Yamaha (pre 2010 450) Suzuki and Honda lines there. I pay 80.00 per set with no duty. Simon Lane and Andrew Grant are my contacts.