Whats it worth?

Whats a non running 04 to 05 rmz 250 worth not running say you dont exactly know whats going on inside you just know it isnt locked up. In my are four stroke mx bikes are jacked for some reason they usually run about 800 bucks all day long. So im just curious if thats what they are worth or go for everywhere for about that much.

I have a 2001 yz 125 has a fresh top end birer out 2 mm over starts right uo but has a crank bearing going bad and sometime you really have to shift it really hard or it wont go. I changed all the engine seals new wheel bearings and seals front and back. Pro circuit muffler. A guy offered me his rmz for it I think my 125 is worth not a whole lot more then the rmz is . Im nit sure if I should because I already have a 04 kx250f needing engine work basically same bike as the rmz. Ill copy and paste the stuff he told me about the rmz and pics of the two bikes

(1/3) Would you trade for a 2004 rmz 250 that needs a little work. It needs piston kit and cam craddles It has a hot rod crank and brand

(2/3) new seals. Brand new water pump. Aftermarket gripper seat. New clutch plates, protaper metal mulisha grips. Race tech forks And more.

(3/3) It didnt bloe up. Text for details

He sais before he took it apart it ran like it had a fowled plug. He claims tge cylinder and head and valves are goid trying to tell me it just needs pistin rings and cam craddles sometine. Also sais he has a buyer for it for $950 he can give me his number if we trade and I could sell it.

I would probably make the trade. Try to post a picture of the rmz and ur yz. If you don't have any knowledge over 4 strokes you could be getting into a lot of trouble. The top ends on those are so complicated but if your knowledgable On how to do it then make the trade. Do a compression test while your there if it has good compression (ATLEAST 120psi) thenthats ok. Then go to fuel and spark and if those are all ok it could be a timing problem idk man it's risky

I apoligize I did not see those pics you posted

Monk you have a point. Yz arr cheaper to fix too thats why I took my 900 and bought the yz and got it running instead of using it to fix my 04 kx250f which is basically identical to the rmz but I do love the rmzs and kxfs when there running and starting properly

I have knowledge on fixing and timing the four strokes. Ive had to rebuild the top end on my kx250f before. Sadly it needs it again though. And he had the top end apart on tge rmz he sais the head is just sitting on it with the bolts taken out. He sais he doesnt really know how to time it anyways. I do. But it was taken apart for a reason... he sais last valve adjustment was 6 hours ago in the bike I figured I could probably adjust them and h as ve it running right again but I am unsure now. When I go to look at it if I do im gonna try pushing the valves open to see the seats. And see if any of tgr shims have a size on thrm so ill know if the valves can be adjusted any further. I was gonna sell ghe yz for 900 so if id br able to get 8 or 9 out if the rmz id be okay with that . Thats if I feel itd cost too much to bother repairing. I can use parts from my kx to fix one of the bikes up too.