Quality Beta graphics?

Ok so I got some brand new stock 14' Beta graphics that came along with my white 13' 300 Beta on the side along with new 14' red plastics.

So it looks nice and thick and quality looking.. well when I start putting the graphics on the new red plastic .... very carefully and slow I might add.. well some of the thin clear shiny plastic top layer of plastic starts coming off...whaaat??? and it wasn't just the rear fender or one of the side shrouds it  was  a couple of them and I was really trying to go slow and be careful.. Anyone have this problem? 

Anyway I'm a bit disappointed but oh well.. I don't know if it was just mine with a bad set or if this is common.. but anyway what are anyone's experience with graphics for Beta and what ones work the best? I have a 300rr .  I know with my Beta 525 RS  I just gave up with getting graphics because none of the graphics for those would stay on. I ended up just putting the Beta tag stickers high on the shrouds where my legs don't rub.  These things cost so much it's ridiculous for stickers...but that's just how it is.. spending big bucks for stickers..  So what kind of experiences do you have here..and /or what graphics are good quality? Thanks ahead of time..

Ok so I got some brand new stock 14' Beta graphics that came along with my white 13' 300 Beta on the side along with new 14' red plastics.

So it looks nice and thick and quality looking.. well when I start putting the graphics on the new red plastic .... very carefully and slow I might add.. well some of the thin clear shiny plastic top layer of plastic starts coming off...whaaat??? and it wasn't just the rear fender or one of the side shrouds it  was  a couple of them and I was really trying to go slow and be careful.. Anyone have this problem? 

Anyway I'm a bit disappointed but oh well.. I don't know if it was just mine with a bad set or if this is common.. but anyway what are anyone's experience with graphics for Beta and what ones work the best? I have a 300rr .  I know with my Beta 525 RS  I just gave up with getting graphics because none of the graphics for those would stay on. I ended up just putting the Beta tag stickers high on the shrouds where my legs don't rub.  These things cost so much it's ridiculous for stickers...but that's just how it is.. spending big bucks for stickers..  So what kind of experiences do you have here..and /or what graphics are good quality? Thanks ahead of time..

We just got some made up from PG and they did a very nice job.  www.ridepg.com

• Like 1

The factory graphics have a clear top sheet that is supposed to come off. When I picked up my bike Dave @Get Dirty told me he thought he removed it all but he may have missed some. Each time I have washed it I find another piece coming loose. I assume it is to protect the graphics during shipping.

Enjoy that scooter!

Marty

• Like 1

There appears to be a lot of silicon or mould release agent in the oe beta plastic. Professional body shops have products for cleaning that kind of stuff off the surface but if its a component of the matrix nothing will stick . Not for very long anyhow.

• Like 1

Exactly.   I do all graphics wet, after washing the plastic and then wiping the contact areas with contact cleaner.  Never a problem.

What I find to be a minor issue as far as durability is the shroud area behind the rads with all the holes.  The graphics get worn quickly here from my knees, and any attempt at adding some clear vinyl like I usually do fails as the rad heat over the small area of holes softens the adhesive and it quickly peels off.  No graphic will last here, in my case anyway.  Time for some molded in graphics on such a premium bike.

• Like 1

Ok.. if that's just a protective plastic falling off then I'm just clueless and happy y all told me.. I'm debating on putting the new plastics on or leaving the perfectly good white 13 plastics on. I guess putting on the 14 plastics plus the new skid plate, pipe guard, and seat concepts seat etc will make it be like a brand new bike.?. well it still is ..for me at least....  Thanks for the replies!!  

Try HBD Graphics in florida he is the one who makes them for the BETA US Team, Ask for Ronny tell him Fernando from Adventure Miami told you about the beta graphics the guy makes whatever you need and it support the boys...

HBD Graphics

+1 386 308 2225 

• Like 1

Hawai. My problems with graphics not sticking is on my 08. I work part time and have years of experience in the automotive refinishing industry. I applied everything that I have learned over the years  when it came to prepping the 08 beta plastic  I even cleared them  afterwards with urethane and flex agent and the graphics and clear coat still  peeled off.Just one of those things.

• Like 1

Bare white plastic looks like crap after dirt gets imbedded into it.  It did on '96 Hondas and it will on '13 Betas.  Maybe the answer is design a shroud graphic with nothing over that small area with the holes and go to red shrouds.  In fact an entire red bike would be fine with me. 

widebear,

FWIW I have had no issue with the '13 plastic as far as adhesion.  I did a custom Ride PG kit with my numbers and its still perfect.  Maybe compound changed for the better?

• Like 1

Bare white plastic looks like crap after dirt gets imbedded into it.  It did on '96 Hondas and it will on '13 Betas.  Maybe the answer is design a shroud graphic with nothing over that small area with the holes and go to red shrouds.  In fact an entire red bike would be fine with me. 

widebear,

FWIW I have had no issue with the '13 plastic as far as adhesion.  I did a custom Ride PG kit with my numbers and its still perfect.  Maybe compound changed for the better?

Good to know. I'm feeling well enough that I'm going to the big city to pick up the new 450.

• Like 3

Keep what you have on, the white plastic breaks very easily. Not sure about the new red. I would destroy the white first.

Yea after the experience of my 09 I'm not confident in any of this... I like my bike looking good even though it gets trashed in the bush. So I'd like some graphics to stick for one.. So I'll try... once cause this crap costs a bunch for stickers :bonk: ..  The white graphics are all coming off at certain sections but not actually coming off..... yet.  I'm going to try some different glues to try and keep these graphics on.. It hasn't really worked on my 09'.. Widebear knows how this is. I'm going to maybe try some 3m spray stuff and some headliner spray glue that I have.. just to try. I have those on the shelf..    I was going to just use the white first but I'm also thinking that it doesn't matter either way. I might put the red to give a newer look...but I'm going to try and put the 12' style front fender in red instead of the newer fender. I just like the look. If it doesn't work so well I can always go back to the newer style fender since I have it. Anyone have any ideas on good glues to try?  ..and if it all falls off I'll go back to just putting the Beta sticker tab on the upper sides off the shrouds on both sides like I did with my 09 when it was black.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/c/swag

t300_8838d63a0bbbdfb9b1a2460a2c6a4a83.jp

So if it doesn't I'll have a white ..or red Beta..I'll just armour all the plastic. I'll just have to make the rest of the bike look good some how.. I know at some point I'll put some stainless steel spokes on there. They look good ..are easy to clean and are stronger. That's one thing that all the high end bikes should come stock with..We pay or it.  Gasgas used to come with but not anymore. My 09 got some barbed wire caught in the rear wheel and shredded my spoke paint so now there's rust right away unless I spray oil on it right away after washing.. shitty.. I've got stainless spokes on the side to redo later. I'll probably do the same with the 300 too.  I'll put a wider 2.5" rim on too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

• Like 1

Extremely Cool stuff, "Bad as Hell"!! 

You know if the Beta was a common bike, I would sign up for custom stuff like this in a heartbeat. But everywhere I stop, my Beta draws such the crowd anyway, I'll just wait until I distroy my stock plastic, but then new custom graphics, oh yeah!!

• Like 2