Sign in to follow this  

replacement tires for xr650L, 80/20 street/dirt

Looking for a replacement tire for my xr650L. Currently have a set of Dunlop D606. Too much knobby for my use. I'm 80/20 street/dirt. It's basically a commuter in good weather for me with the option of the occasional dirt road jaunt. No single track for me. Please help. Thanks  

Looking for a replacement tire for my xr650L. Currently have a set of Dunlop D606. Too much knobby for my use. I'm 80/20 street/dirt. It's basically a commuter in good weather for me with the option of the occasional dirt road jaunt. No single track for me. Please help. Thanks

Happy with my Shinko 705's for mostly street use.

Kindly remember that is a big bike, while for the street you can run anything, but when you get it off in the dirt you want a decent tire.

The good thing about the 606 (which for tame offroad riding is great) it works really good for the street, air it up and it will run down the highway very well. While the knobs look aggressive, in all honesty they in my impression (2 sets of them) are mild-mannered

I know they are over priced, but damn heavy solid tire. If I was crossing the desert floor at 65mph I'd use a better tire, but for the street and a little off-road they are nice.

FYI....Some of the recent 80/20 tires on a heavy bike can let loose in the blink of the eye in the dirt, and falling down on a heavy bike can hurt

Edited by MarkBevans