How do you properly hot start a two stroke?

Inspired by the "how to properly cold start a two stroke" thread. I got my first two stroke, CR250 a couple weeks ago. The cold start thread was very helpful to a rookie like me. After reading it, I start my bike in two kicks and feel more confident. I had the bike out for a couple hours and had some difficulty starting it when It stalled, or after I was launched off of it 6 feet in the air. Wasn't sure if I should hold throttle open, twist and release, hold it half way, or not to turn it at all. And kicking, should I slowly go all the way down first then make short like 1/4-1/2 kicks, or full kicks?

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399952534.808553.jpg Here's a picture straight out of the manual for a 2001 cr250. On mine it will start in gear though, if the clutch is held in.

I have a 01 cr250. It's the most dependable bike I have. I can let it sit for six months and it will start 3-4 kicks. A week 1 kick. I love it. But I have a 12 yz450 I like riding cause it has more power. But the cr is easier to ride
  • Like 1

When I go out riding, I make sure to make camp about 50-100 feet away from a inclined highway. All I have to do is gear up, hop on, and ride it down upwards to 30-40 mph then pop the clutch, and bam! No kicking it cold. Once the bike is primed, you can kick start it with a half a kick. The art of kicking a bike to start entails that you stand by the kick (not get on the bike) and use the full swing of your leg. Saw this Australian dude doing it and it blew me away. It makes perfect sense that the correct way to kick start your bike is that you stand next to it and use your entire leg swing. No need to be on the bike for that. If I find the video, I'll post it. :devil: