Sign in to follow this  

01 yz 125 side cover question

i ordered a new inner side cover for my yz 125 because my old one was cracked..what seals and/or bearings do i need for the whole inner side case? the reason im asking is because i want to order all the seals and bearings so when my manual gets here i can install them..i have the gasket but thats it..thanks everyone

What side crank case ? You should checkb your crank bearings in the new case and replace as a pair if they are shot.

What side crank case ? You should checkb your crank bearings in the new case and replace as a pair if they are shot.

no the right side cover..where the kickstart is..not the case itself,the cover..i know i need kickstart shaft seal,water pump housing gasket,the two oil seals,and bearing.. exhaust valve bearing??govennor shaft seal??anything else??

Sounds like you have it sorted. I wouldnt be changing the water pump or governor bearings unless you know they are stuffed.

Sounds like you have it sorted. I wouldnt be changing the water pump or governor bearings unless you know they are stuffed.

would it be ok to take them out of the old cover and press them into the new one??im having one problem finding the kickstart oil seal..anyone know the oem # ??also i cannot fing the exhaust valve bearing # any help please..

Edited by jwbaggs

would it be ok to take them out of the old cover and press them into the new one??im having one problem finding the kickstart oil seal..anyone know the oem # ??also i cannot fing the exhaust valve bearing # any help please..

I do not advise reusing them. They tend to become damaged when trying to remove them so replace with new ones if necessary.

OEM kickstart seal

#93102-17263-00

Also I don't know which bearing you are talking about ?

I have included a parts picture and it could be either the thrust bearing which is number 17 or the roller bearing which is number 10. Keep in mind there are 2 thrust bearings if you are going to order those.

1399966171538.jpg

Lol mine cracked it the same spot under the kickstart ..so to be safe I just replaced it

ok i reciever all the bearings i need and seals...my next question is on some of the bearings on one side it has a stamp of a munber and japan..does it matter which way the bearings go in??thanks all

usually when installing bearings you wanna have the writing facing outwards! if you look closely the other edge will probly be slightly curved compared to the one with writing

• Like 1