Sign in to follow this  

SIDI Crossfire SRS Soles

I have trouble keeping the soles on my Crossfire SRS (original not version 2). the screws stay in the boot, but the holes in the sole keep getting torn out. I have tried both the Enduro and standard MX soles. They usually start at the tip, and in the course of an enduro, at least the front half of the sole becomes separated. I lost two soles and replaced them with new ones. I'm starting to lose a third sole. 2 on one side and one on the other.

I'm considering glueing the soles, at least in the front, to prevent them from peeling off. it kind of defeats the whole idea of SRS, but under normal circumstances I shouldn't have to replace them that often. what kind of glue should I use, shoe goo, 3M spray adhesive, gorilla glue ?

has anyone run into this problem ? what have you done to fix it ?

when working, I love the boots. they are very comfortable and unparalled in the amount of feel I have for the controls (shifter/brake). I'm half tempted to get some Crossfire TAs instead.

Edited by cynicryder

Have you contacted Sidi? They usually have pretty good customer service. I'm curious as to what they'd say. I LOVE my Sidi street bike boots and am contemplating a move from A-Stars to the Sidi for my dirt boot, but id like to know how they'd treat you in this situation. $500 is a pretty penny for me to spend

Have you contacted Sidi? They usually have pretty good customer service. I'm curious as to what they'd say. I LOVE my Sidi street bike boots and am contemplating a move from A-Stars to the Sidi for my dirt boot, but id like to know how they'd treat you in this situation. $500 is a pretty penny for me to spend

yes, good point. I'll give them a call.

Any update on this?

I am having my SRS friggin' FOUNDATION soles coming off of the actual boot itself.

BOTH boots.
Sucks b/c these things are like new, even tho they are a few yrs old.

As for "customer service": SIDI NEVER called or emailed me back.  Tried multiple times.  The friggin' US importer, MotoNation, it took him THREE WEEKS to respond, and when he finally did, he was not at all apologetic, and only offered what he said "should" work---and the $hit is $16 a tube and colored white at that---(3M Marine Adhesive), and all for a "should"??  He makes the dam boots and does not even know the poly makeup of them?!?

Tried old faithful, 3M Weatherstripping yellow, but it only lasts a moto or so.

With all the cash I have sunk in these dam things, I need a fix.  Local cobbler just shrugged, says I should have bought the traditional sole...

Anyone tried using flat-head sheet-metal screws, installed from the INSIDE of the boot into the sole??

well, I tried glueing one of the bad soles and then eventually changed it to a new one. the glue would only hold up to maybe one trail ride.it might just be that I can only get as few enduros out of a sole. I might consider a TA next time and groove the sole myself to get more traction. 

oh yeah, never heard back from customer service on this issue.

Edited by cynicryder

...yep, going back to a-stars next time.  there are 5 riders in my family, and I decide for basically all of them, so the S in sidi stands for $hitty if u ask my pocketbook.   Looks like the sportbike and mtn bike crowd are having issues too, tho I have not found anyone who has had the actual "foundation sole" to become detached, like mine are...