Sign in to follow this  

Drc edge tail light and signals help

Hey guys I am installing my rdc edge tail light and signals on my 2014 drz400sm. I read on the signals that I may have to install a resistor or LED IC relay depending on the bike. Do I need a resistor for the drz? Can I just wire the signals right up?

I have the drz s/sm specific tail light and the small triangular (601) flashers.

Let me know guys thanks :)

• Like 1

You could always get a solid state flasher unit. They're not cheap, but they also give the option to have the front indicators function as running lights, which is a nice safety feature.

As  I suspected, these have really dropped in price. I don't think this one has the running light option, but it sure saves the hassles of soldering resistors in the circuit.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Turn-Signal-Flasher-Relay/dp/B000VTTDYY

Weird the flashers don't snug up, does drc intend us to just use our own spacers?

Has anyone installed the 601 flashers and experienced the same issue?

They will work fine but blink at a faster rate.  I bought this direct replacement relay off ebay when I did my front and rear DRC blinkers and this made them blink at a normal rate.  plugs right in with no wiring

http://m.ebay.com/itm/131189224823

Hey guys I am installing my rdc edge tail light and signals on my 2014 drz400sm. I read on the signals that I may have to install a resistor or LED IC relay depending on the bike. Do I need a resistor for the drz? Can I just wire the signals right up?

I have the drz s/sm specific tail light and the small triangular (601) flashers.

Let me know guys thanks :)

absolutely nothing wrong with a fast ash rate save the bucks and make a turn more noticeable !

absolutely nothing wrong with a fast ash rate save the bucks and make a turn more noticeable !

I agree. I like the fast blinker rate

I also have 601s and didn't use a resistor I prefer the faster flash rate

Edited by PaRaDoX856
  • Like 1

I installed the DRC taillight and blinkers before I got the replacment relay.  I didnt think the flash was crazy fast.  In my opinion it seemed normal.  I have seen cars and trucks with burnt bulbs or wiring issues flash MUCH MUCH faster.

You shouldnt need any original hardwear to mount the blinkers.  If i remeber correclty the kit came with different spacers.  Some where fat and some were angled to allow for different mounting options.

Edited by avis
  • Like 1

Yes Drc supplies spacers you can use..

As for the mounts goes has anyone had one snap in half on you?

I was going down the Parkway the other week cruising doing 70-75mph and I happen to look down and my right front blinker was dangling by the wires, the mount had snapped right off at the bend, first thought was did I hit a carpenter bee?! Thought it was odd