Sign in to follow this  

300 xc-w Carburetor Vertical Axis?

Here's an odd question.

Viewing the engine from behind. If I were to draw a vertical line through the center of my carburetor, then a second vertical line through the center of my engine, what should be the deviation from parallel of the two lines, or the "y" axis of the two aforementioned components if you will....

I'm asking the angle at which the carb should mount to the motor, because my bike has no indication on the v-force reed block that came on my bike....no little notch to assure proper mounting angle of the carburetor.

I usually just set it as close to vertical as possible, and it all seems good....could an incorrect cant affect performance?

Edited by Fattonz

My 2013 xcw has a guide on the air boot to let you know when the carb is in the right spot....it is just two pointed bumps that align the carb body, they are on the side of the boot right above the counter shaft and stick out towards the cylinder 

My 2013 xcw has a guide on the air boot to let you know when the carb is in the right spot....it is just two pointed bumps that align the carb body, they are on the side of the boot right above the counter shaft and stick out towards the cylinder 

Cool, never thought to look on the air boot.  My bike is an '07, but I'll check for that tonight to see if it's there....thanks ;)