2011 Smr449 stolen Launceston Tasmania Australia

Absoloutley gutted, Woke in the early hours of the morning to find everything I had worked so hard for gone, most likely the bike will be parted out on gumtree or the likes so if anyone is to ever hear or see any smr 449 specific parts ie front brake kits, motard wheels up for sale please let me know, plenty of personalised parts that set the bike apart like an aftermarket rocket exhaust and easton bars and clamps.

let this be a reminder to you all, please please please keep your bikes safe and locked away, possibly even grab something similar to theese I know I will be for my next bike.

http://www.wired.com/2013/08/tile-a...our-lost-keys-and-maybe-your-stolen-bike-too/

Screenshot_2014-05-12-16-46-02.png

• Like 1

Words cannot explain how I am feeling, Its as if its almost worth while to have your bike stolen just for the hapines it brings once you get that call, detective called at around 11 this morning and had uncovered my bike actaully in my nieghbourhood in a completly unrelated raid on the perps property ! Seems the only damadge done is to the wirring loom under the ignition and a missing numberplate too easy ! Best possible outcome really, awesome to see the long hard d*ck of justice doing its job, Many thanks to all the people tha helped me in my time of need !

• Like 5

Words cannot explain how I am feeling, Its as if its almost worth while to have your bike stolen just for the hapines it brings once you get that call, detective called at around 11 this morning and had uncovered my bike actaully in my nieghbourhood in a completly unrelated raid on the perps property ! Seems the only damadge done is to the wirring loom under the ignition and a missing numberplate too easy ! Best possible outcome really, awesome to see the long hard d*ck of justice doing its job, Many thanks to all the people tha helped me in my time of need !

Glad to hear it!!! I gave a cable and lock which won't stop a professional theft job, but most thefts aren't pros.. they are deadbeat losers who need more drug money to sniff up their noses. So the cable lock oughta be effective.

I need to research my homeowners insurance policy, see wut they cover.

Glad to hear it!!! I gave a cable and lock which won't stop a professional theft job, but most thefts aren't pros.. they are deadbeat losers who need more drug money to sniff up their noses. So the cable lock oughta be effective.

I need to research my homeowners insurance policy, see wut they cover.

Im now looking into some gps tag like devices that work of a celular network, they can do all sorts of fancy things like send a text warning you that your bike is being moved/transported aswell as obvioulsy providing a pretty accurate location (unless away from reception or such) ranging from $80-$200

Insurance is on its way also, being 18 its kind of costly but I sure as hell dont want to be left in that situation again.

Edited by hughisdaft
  • Like 1

Awesome! Get it insured and try to prevent it from happening again. Wheel it in the living room if you have to ?

Great to see you got it back, your spirits must be lifted a ton. It's a beautiful bike, and awesome they got the guy.

• Like 1