Sign in to follow this  

Mix ratios and what to run.

Ok so i recently bought the wife an 85 sx. I run a bottle of the black and gold spectro mixed into 5gallons of gas in my 125 sx. The 85 runs so rich on the same fuel that it drips oil out of the silencer to the point of dripping onto the swing arm. Im just curious to what other ppl are running in their 85s out there. Oh and as an extra note. She deff. Doesnt stay on the pipe like a seasoned rider would.

tons of forums on pre mix do a search if you want. everyone will have different opinions, run 50 to 60 to 1. with good oil don't matter what. I run maxima super m with great luck but run what you want. the bike may just be jetted too rich especially if she is putting around. change the jetting leaner

fuel to oil ratio does matter. If you mix 50 parts oil to 1 part gas you bike wouldn't run right? both jetting and fuel premix ratio are important. mix fuel with good gas and oil. anywhere from 40 to 60 parts gas to 1 part oil. then start leaning out your jetting to your liking. If she isn't fouling plugs a lot its prolly not much to worry about unless you just don't like the mess

The bike hasnt fouled a plug at all. And it has nice crisp throttle responce right from low end. But it drips and clouds up a storm.

some oils have a higher flash point then others may try different oil. I used to run Castrol 927 and it left a lot of black splooge. you may switch to a cleaner burning oil?? maybe yours is fine?

• Like 1

I would look into repacking the silencer too as it is probly oil soaked and will still spooge even with an oil ratio or jetting change.

When jetted properly, the bike should spooge very little if at all assuming everything else is in perfect working condition. 

My personal experience with Golden Spectro is that I could never get it to stop drooling..  Even with proper jetting etc, it is just a droolin oil..