Sign in to follow this  

My tires keep going flat?

Hi I own a crf150 and the tires sometimes go flat, but they don't have a hole in them. They just go flat, front and back, anyways I just refill them to around 10 psi. All I know Is the bike has aftermarket rims, what could be the problem???

Hi I own a crf150 and the tires sometimes go flat, but they don't have a hole in them. They just go flat, front and back, anyways I just refill them to around 10 psi. All I know Is the bike has aftermarket rims, what could be the problem???

Have you taken the tubes out and inspected them?

Sometimes they leak from the valves too, get a bit of dirt in them, they also lose pressure over time too.

I had flats last time I went to ride.... might have to re-patch (again) :lol:

there was a period of time a few years ago where every time i went for a ride i would flat the front. pull the tube and it would have a small hole, always in the same spot. after about 4 flats i closely examined the rim and found a tiny fleck of aluminum had started to lift causing a little spur. i hit that spot with compressed air and it blew the little fleck off the rim. i sanded the area to remove any burrs that remained and soo far i haven't flatted the front since, the rear, well, i've pinched it a couple times since.

Edited by schrode

How much time in between rides? Im not sure of the science behind it but tire pressure will drop over a pretty short amount of time, especially when set at low PSI's. As long as it hold pressure the day I'm riding I don't give it much thought. 

Run a cotton ball along the inside of your tire - be meticulous. The cotton ball will catch on anything protruding. There may be something stuck in your tire that's too small to see. I would do the cotton ball and swap out your tubes.

Tubes are cheap, under $20 for both front and back.