Sign in to follow this  

Honda trade my cr250r for a 440ex?

Okay so I've been wanting to trade my 250r for a quad again cause the bike is sketchy to me. I had the motor completely rebuilt top to bottom and I've maybe put 4-5 hours on it so far. Feel a lot better in a quad. But I don't want to trade for just any quad. I've had it on Craigslist for awhile saying I would only trade for a 450 quad. Since that's what I want. Had a 400ex in the past and want more power so a 450. But I got offer a on a built 400ex with a 440 big bore and a bunch of other stuff. ( picture will show everything the person has said it has) I know it's all up to me and the risk is all mine, but I just want some opinions on what you guys think. Is it a good trade? How are the 440? Are they reliable? Are the add ons good? Do the cams make it rattle? And etc. just want to hear

post-366556-13999873744131.jpg

Edited by HondaDude21

IMHO, don't trade, people who try and trade usually want to unload their crap on you. Sell it and get good money for it and be patient. Once you get the good money, you can get a good quad

I just rebuilt a 400ex for a guy. He asked me to look into why it rattled and made so much noise. I replaced the timing chain and tensioner and went through the entire top end. When I completed it it still made a ton of noise. I ended up buying off the guy and have had no problems related to the noise. The quad even had a stock cam

ktm 525 is noisy, my 400ex barley makes a sound when running, of course its not running right so maybe thats the problem.  I have bought more than a few 4 strokes from people who hear things in the motor and want to unload it, turns out they are just noisy motors.