Sign in to follow this  

Kdx 200 gas mixture and oil?

I am purchasing a 2001 KDX200 this weekend and I wanted to get everyone's input on what 2 stroke oil brand does everyone use and also what kind of transmission oil I should put in it also. For example the brand and kind. I want to find out what is gonna run best In the kdx200. Thanks!

I am purchasing a 2001 KDX200 this weekend and I wanted to get everyone's input on what 2 stroke oil brand does everyone use and also what kind of transmission oil I should put in it also. For example the brand and kind. I want to find out what is gonna run best In the kdx200. Thanks!

gold spectrem 2st oil mix 1 bottle to 5gals of gas, belray gear saver oil for the tranny poar the hole bottle into the tranns, been useing this since 1984 have had know problems,

As a rule of thumb I NEVER use the " 1 bottle per 5 gallons" theory. You could read it incorrectly with BAD results. I stick with a ratio rite cup and measure accordingly. Always mix your own fuel, 32-40:1 with any of todays full synthetic oils is plenty safe.

Edited by ickfinger

As a rule of thumb I NEVER use the " 1 bottle per 5 gallons" theory. You could read it incorrectly with BAD results. I stick with a ratio rite cup and measure accordingly. Always mix your own fuel, 32-40:1 with any of todays full synthetic oils is plenty safe.

1 bottle of gold spectrem oil is 40;1 mixed with 5gal

Edited by 1274

1 bottle of gold spectrem oil is 40;1 mixed with 5gal

No its not. Golden SPECTRO comes in a 12oz bottle unless things have changed recently.  Do the math. Correctly. 

Edited by YHGEORGE

No its not. Golden SPECTRO comes in a 12oz bottle unless things have changed recently.  Do the math. Correctly.

Hence the reason for the ratio rite cup, takes away any guesswork or stupidity on my behalf. Sometimes I might need fuel out on the trail and If I've mixed it all using the cup, I can grab some from any buddy I'm with. I hate doing math and second guessing myself.

I use a 16 ounce bottle of full synthetic Redline and mix it with 4 gallons. That gives me perfect 32:1.

Edited by CR125-TAHOE

I use a 16 ounce bottle of full synthetic Redline and mix it with 4 gallons. That gives me perfect 32:1.

Then what do you do when your fuel can is half full and you want to head out for a weekend ride and have that 5 gallon can full?

Then what do you do when your fuel can is half full and you want to head out for a weekend ride and have that 5 gallon can full?

Buy more oil.They usually have a sight window and its not that hard to do it with that. However, I do have a Ratio-Rite.

Edited by kdxphonedude

Buy more oil.They usually have a sight window and its not that hard to do it with that. However, I do have a Ratio-Rite.

Then your'e still estimating. Ill stick to my cup only. I had a KTM in the early 90's, 40:1 it would foul a plug if left to idle too long, 32:1 would be fine all day. Edited by ickfinger

In that case i would use this measuring sringe that i have. But pretty much everytime i get gas i just put four gallons in my 5 gallon tank and use this meathod.