Sign in to follow this  

Do i not have an exhaust gasket?

Idk if stock doesnt have gasket or is it there? Im confused just took it off prepinng for ssw

1400009913261.jpg

1400009956865.jpg

Looks to be in good shape.  Be careful if you try to take it out,  they are pretty fragile.

Ok thank you. While i have peopke here what maintenence should i do while i have things off? I want to take more off and give it a gooooood clean but im a little worried about ripping more things off lol. Ive heqrd grease the swingarm and linkage. Where would i grease and what do i need to take off? Sorry everyone im kind of a newd when it comes to this especially the drz but the best way to learn is do it yourself. I also have the clymer manual on hand

Ok thank you. While i have peopke here what maintenence should i do while i have things off? I want to take more off and give it a gooooood clean but im a little worried about ripping more things off lol. Ive heqrd grease the swingarm and linkage. Where would i grease and what do i need to take off? Sorry everyone im kind of a newd when it comes to this especially the drz but the best way to learn is do it yourself. I also have the clymer manual on hand

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/566760-swingarm-and-rear-suspension-maintenance/

use some high temp gasket rtvl for headers and such just to be safe

Edited by fuentes52

If the Gasket is in good cond you don't need RTV

a little insurance doesnt hurt

I would suggest you invest in some anti seize for the threads on the exhaust bolts.

You can also use it where the header pipe slides into the muffler.

• Like 3

I would suggest you invest in some anti seize for the threads on the exhaust bolts.

thats a must!!!
  • Like 1

thats a must!!!

Yep,  i read about that and did that when installing me MRD. 

• Like 3

I find more header leaks from folks that try and get away with reusing a header gasket than not.

Most do not even know they have a leak.

It's cheap, easy to replace, is designed to be compressed at first install..... once installed, heated and cooled repeatedly, the gasket turns hard and not very pliable.. making leaks common at reuse.