Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 Kickstarter Spring

2007 Cr125/ Ok, so I got the kickstarter pedal off, thanks to the people who helped me on my last thread! Te reason I took it off is to put my kickstarter spring back in place and in the notch.... weeeellll long story short its very annoying and I have broken 2 springs in the process.... Does anybody know some trick or way to put them in because the manual doesnt help me with this spring worth sh*t and I have already ordered a new spring, please help me not break another one and get my pedal to spring back up.

I did this the other day without a hitch. From what I remember, with the open case in front of you, make sure the gear is full stop clockwise. Then fit the spring in the hole in the shaft and push the other end of the spring clockwise into the hole in the top of the case. Not that much force is needed to get it there.

Edited by Crazyced

I did this the other day without a hitch. From what I remember, with the open case in front of you, make sure the gear is full stop clockwise. Then fit the spring in the hole in the shaft and push the other end of the spring clockwise into the hole in the top of the case. Not that much force is needed to get it there.

ok i did this but its very hard to get the case closed and what about the collar with the open slit and thrust washer

ok i did this but its very hard to get the case closed and what about the collar with the open slit and thrust washer

I had no problem getting the case closed. There shouldn't be any binding.

Check the layout, the slit goes around the spring pin that goes on the shaft:

1100A.png