Sign in to follow this  

No fuel with vacuum petcock to on.. diaphragm?

My new-to-me 400S only runs with the petcock set to PRIME. No leaks, no gas smells, but no zoom zoom noises or go-fast-ness when set to ON, only silence. :D

I assume the diaphragm is torn, and thus assume it would be introducing a small vacuum leak into the motor. I get a slightly high idle at times too. It settles down if it give it a sharp stab of throttle, but it made tight trail riding this weekend awfully!  

Once I get a chance to *really* clean the bike up, I'll introduce him to you guys. He seems nice enough.

The tube that is used to create the vacuum could be loose or have a hole in it causing the loss of vacuum  and make the bike run lean.

• Like 3

The tube that is used to create the vacuum could be loose or have a hole in it causing the loss of vacuum  and make the bike run lean.

Cool, I'll check that tomorrow.

Also possible the petcock has been modified so the vacuum OFF does not work.  Result is a OFF/ON manual fuel valve with no reserve.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Begs the question.. it was tucked up out of the way behind the petcock. I'm guessing that it popped off with a tank removal and wasn't properly replaced? Anyway, easy fix ever. :) Can't test right now because neighbours.

Thanks chums!

• Like 1