Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

California Looking for fellow D37 racers to practice with Johnson valley

Looking for any D37 racers to practice with out in Johnson valley. Getting into desert racing and all my normal riding buddies think I'm to crazy to ride with. Looking for fast paced weekly practice

• Like 1

Looking for any D37 racers to practice with out in Johnson valley. Getting into desert racing and all my normal riding buddies think I'm to crazy to ride with. Looking for fast paced weekly practice

Are you in an MC? I used to meet up with other racers from Desert MC and Desert Vipers on a regular basis when I was D37. Great way to bond and also ride above your level if you can convince some of your club's higher ups to get out there  :ride:

I've been looking at the desert mc club online but can't find out how to join or where there meetups are

Sunfair has a great practice loop for JV... its called the Hero Loop... Just like JV but you are never more than 5 miles from the bar and can take pavement there and plug in your trailer...

it looks like this...

• Like 5

You should take Chili ^^^ up on his offer. The hero loop has every jv has to offer, except better.,. Ooopps did I day that :smirk:

Or don't, more for me to ride

Even in the flats, the loose sandy single track, is some good shit

• Like 3

Sunfair has a great practice loop for JV... its called the Hero Loop... Just like JV but you are never more than 5 miles from the bar and can take pavement there and plug in your trailer...

it looks like this...

You're a beast on that plated XR400!....that is a plated XR400...right?

• Like 2

The champ, that #1 plate is a poosie magnet

It attracted a poosie :smirk:   Soon to come of the IR :applause:

I've been looking at the desert mc club online but can't find out how to join or where there meetups are

http://www.desertmc.com/home_fr.htm

There's a link to the membership form (click "members" on the side bar, then "membership form" toward the bottom of the page). They advertise meetings online, but for the most part I don't think they hold organised practice events (unless a lot has changed since I was around). After a couple of races camped with them you should be able to make some riding buddies and get together on your own time, was what I meant.

Plus, being part of a club makes the races a lot easier. They tend to support each other a lot, you've got someone to hang out with during the weekend, and unless things have changed, entry fees for the races are reduced (not much, but hey)

Edited by Porkchop Sandwich

You're a beast on that plated XR400!....that is a plated XR400...right?

true story... xr400... best trail bike around!!!

and who is #1??? the guy RIDING out front of course!

true story... xr400... best trail bike around!!!

and who is #1??? the guy RIDING out front of course!

oh my god, this is so fitting for you dw

heres your trophy sir

773c86a3-14ca-4ae3-99d8-4c30e25bc58e_zps

and Save-a-trees trophy  :D

Golf_Trophy.jpg

Edited by UberJelly_moto1_race450
  • Like 3

Isn't it kinda hard to practice for a desert race? Without a bunch of riders to simulate the bomb run, bottle necks on trails, course changes and somebody waiting at a check point how are you going to go about it? Bomb run's from camp?

Edited by Dirt_Bound
  • Like 1

Isn't it kinda hard to practice for a desert race? Without a bunch of riders to simulate the bomb run, bottle necks on trails, course changes and somebody waiting at a check point how are you going to go about it? Bomb run's from camp?

:facepalm:

• Like 2