Sign in to follow this  

Running up my top end rebuild

Hey guys. I'll be rebuilding the top end of my 02cr 250 one night this week. The cyclinder has been resleeved with the exhaust bridge releived. I'm putting a forged wossner piston in , and goin to be drilling the cooling holes in the skirt. What is the best way to run it in, for optimum power. Thanks.

Meant to say running in not up. Is there a quick way of doing this as I'll be taking it to a track and don't really wanna go steady round there running it in. Id rather run it in before I go.

with the exhaust bridge releived. 

Anyway you can post a pic of that?  My 04 CR125 has a crack at the top of the bridge.

That says for 4 strokes. Does the same apply to 2 strokes. So following that link. I should let my bike warm up, say while I get my helmet and gloves on ect then just ride it like I normally would. How long do they need to be ran in for, before I can actually take it round a track hard racing.

As for the pics I'm hopefully picking my barrel up either tomorrow or Saturday morning and I'll get some pics of it. My bridge cracked and I ended up having it resleeved and ask the people who are doin the work to relive the bridge. So I'll be interested to see what it looks like after aswell