Sign in to follow this  

pumper carb conversion

Hey anyone, just bought a pumper carb kit for a 98 xr 400. Came with emgo throttle assembly and cables that are too short. Anyone else have this problem? What would be the right length?

Curious, who's pumper kit did you buy?

I would compare the kits cables with the stock cables length. If there's a significant difference, order some Motion Pro cables with the proper ends at the stock cables length or even an inch or two longer to be safe.

I bought it from niche cycle off ebay. They appeared to be 2 in. shorter but I didn't take in to consideration the new throttle assembly. Stock go straight in while the emgo one it came with curves to the top. I just ordered new cables from xrs only so that should fix it. I also rebuilt the top end boring it to 426 with a stage 2 hot cam. Any jetting recommendations ?

No jetting recommendations at all. Its a crap shoot. With a no name carb on there you're just going to have to experiment.

Ok then. Lets see if we can drag a little more info out of you.

Your elevation, what exhaust, any intake/airbox mods, like aftermarket filter or stock, snorkle removed?

You most likely will be starting with 130/15 jetting and working from there.

No it's a mikuni tm 36

Elevation is 1300 , white bros. exhaust, minor porting on head. Uni air . 426 bore , stage 2 cam .