Sign in to follow this  

sxf250 06 Pipe Help

So I got this pipe for my KTM and I don't know how to fit it on. ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/261014210513?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648 ) FMF Q4

It may sound like a real stupid question, but I recently got my KTM 2nd hand and I needed a quieter pipe (This is my first 250), the pipe on it was stock, and the internals were all over the place. So I ordered this, thinking it would be easy to slip on, it won't.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be the cause, but I just noticed the previous owner put a FMF Power Bomb on it. Are they not compatable?

Not only are the header and silencer the same diameter, even if I did manage to shove it on (which I didn't try) it wouldn't fit the right size.

Do I return my FMF Q4, could I replace the half of the Power Bomb that doesn't fit, do I just take it to the local shop? I need advice please.

And sorry if I put this in the wrong page? I'm new to the forum. Thanks in advance!

Yes a slip on is designed to work with a std front pipe , you need the fmf silencer off the full system to work with the power bomb

Can I just replace the silencer with a different FMF one then that could fit it? All the silencers I've found are for use with stock header'..

Yes you need the fmf full pipe silencer