Sign in to follow this  

2005 kx250f

Hi, i know there have been threads on this bike before but none have really helped me. I am looking an 05 250f in pretty good shape with a newly rebuilt engine for $2400, my question is are they reliable? I read a few threads that said it's a great bike and there are no problems with it then i read other threads that bash the hell out of it. I don't race i just ride trails and fields and i dont ride the piss out of my bikes im just wondering if its worth buying or not (please give reasons for or against). Please don't tell me to buy a 2 stroke...I've had good and bad experiences with both 2t's and 4t's. Thanks.

Edited by BringHelp

I don't know what the bike looks like, so I can't make the call. Kx250f are great bikes. I have a 2008. 2005 seems a bit old for me but if everything is good id go for it. Some upgrades Id do is an upgraded water pump. If you're trail riding in slow speeds it's a must have. Either them that it's personal preference.

Happy riding!

I don't know what the bike looks like, so I can't make the call. Kx250f are great bikes. I have a 2008. 2005 seems a bit old for me but if everything is good id go for it. Some upgrades Id do is an upgraded water pump. If you're trail riding in slow speeds it's a must have. Either them that it's personal preference.

Happy riding!

zlx6k3.jpg2j2awzb.jpg

For an 05 it looks super clean. Saw you wanted some pros and cons so here we go.

So you are getting a great bike for a bit cheaper and you could just put more money into it with upgrades. The frame and all of that is a bit out dated but if it's for trail riding you're all good. I would see if you could get the price any lower and spend however much you want to upgrade it

I recommend a water pump maybe new exhaust and a new jet kit.

Let me know off you buy it :)

price seems little high for the 05. they are good bikes and for trail riding you wont hurt it. have to be wary of previous owners as someone on a no maintenance plan can ruin your good times of riding. but you never know unless you take a chance!

For a little more cash get a 06 or newer

You can't find an 06 where i live for less than 3500 its ridiculous 

For an 05 it looks super clean. Saw you wanted some pros and cons so here we go.

So you are getting a great bike for a bit cheaper and you could just put more money into it with upgrades. The frame and all of that is a bit out dated but if it's for trail riding you're all good. I would see if you could get the price any lower and spend however much you want to upgrade it

I recommend a water pump maybe new exhaust and a new jet kit.

Let me know off you buy it :)

Yeah quite a few people have mentioned the water pump, what would be the best one to go with that is reasonably priced? it already has a pro circuit t4 pipe on it and i will look into a jet kit. Thanks!

price seems little high for the 05. they are good bikes and for trail riding you wont hurt it. have to be wary of previous owners as someone on a no maintenance plan can ruin your good times of riding. but you never know unless you take a chance!

The bike is well maintained from what he tells me, of course he could be BS'ing me for all i know. He owns a few sport bikes that are in good shape as well so i'm assuming he knows a thing or two about maintenance but i will be checking everything over before i buy it

04-06 RMZ/KXF and reliable do not belong in the same sentence...

I just need to be able to get maybe 60 hours out of it without any huge expenses, i will have to sell it in a year or two to pay for a car

I just need to be able to get maybe 60 hours out of it without any huge expenses, i will have to sell it in a year or two to pay for a car

If you like taking a gamble on things then by all means buy it....

04-06 RMZ/KXF and reliable do not belong in the same sentence...

I second that statement lol

Yz125

Kx250f

You can just buy a stock 06 and newer water pump. This has the seperate cover for oil filt so you dont have to drain coolabt when change oil filter.

And that stinks this was my 06 I ened up parting cause I was lucky to get 2800 for her and that was over 2 years ago

1400093484314.jpg

Never owned an 05 but have heard valves had huge issues, there are posts about it and ways of making them better.

If it was me i would rather look at a 05 YZ250F than the KX