Sign in to follow this  

Black hands from handlebars

Does anyone ever get black hands from their Handel bars ?

I was riding today and my hands are like black.Any suggestions so this wont happen.Seems like a common problem, thought it would be good to see some suggestions.

would like white handle bars work ?

Well maybe, but then there might pop up a new thread entitled "White hands from Handlebars".

You keep referring to handlebars. I know this might seem like a stupid question, but your bars do currently have grips on them right?

• Like 1

I rode without gloves ONCE...

Went down in some rocks (which happens more than i'd prefer) hands got chewed up pretty good!

That will never happen again. To me there is almost nothing worse than open wounds all over your hands.

Takes forever to heal, also makes it a little difficult to get anything done at work.

• Like 1

I mean, without gloves.i never wear gloves cause i dont like them.would like white handle bars work ?

I am having trouble deciphering if you're even being serious, but dude, don't ride without gloves. 

I rode without gloves ONCE...

Went down in some rocks (which happens more than i'd prefer) hands got chewed up pretty good!

That will never happen again. To me there is almost nothing worse than open wounds all over your hands.

Takes forever to heal, also makes it a little difficult to get anything done at work.

Been there done that.

More than once. I "had to" confirm that it does hurt and is annoying, obviously.

• Like 1

Anybody that that admits they said something dumb is okay in my book.Besides my name is Joe too,and my nickname is joeyroe.Long story.

Welcome to TT  joeyschmo101. Now you know if you post something without thinking it over real good,the locals will ride you into the ground. :naughty:  

• Like 3

Ok, I guess im being dumb again

Thx

Well, I'm guessing by that response you weren't trolling.  Sorry to make you feel dumb.  I usually tell my kids to not be afraid to ask anything, and there's no such thing as a stupid question ;)

You might not like gloves at first, but if you keep wearing them eventually you won't want to ride without them.  I HATED a neck brace in the beginning, but felt it would offer me more protection so I forced myself to wear it until eventually it got so that it's like trying to sleep without your favorite pillow, blanket, or whatever.  I just don't feel right riding without it.

Some people will tell you gloves don't really offer protection, but they do...

Oh, handling metals will blacken your hands...or maybe your grips just need a good cleaning ;)

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1